5 Ideas for Great Valentines Day Gifts
While Valentines Day is supposed to be a time of celebration of the couple and of their love for one another, it can be filled with anxiety and worry. Usually this anxiety stems from worries about gift giving on the day. Gift giving is not meant to be anxiety producing, in fact it should be viewed as an opportunity to express your love. Now, you might be very busy so spending a lot of time working on a Valentines Day gift might be difficult for you and that’s ok, Anne is here to help. I’ll show you 5 easy steps to creating the perfect Valentines Day for your loved one.
1. Finding Gifts - Use the internet to find unique Valentines Day gifts. Using Google or one of the other major search engines search for ‘Valentines Day Gifts’ or ‘Unique Valentines Day Gifts’. At least this way you’ll get an idea of what’s out there and really quickly. You can cruise through these pages and see if there is anything that will work for your loved one.
2. Massage – Massage is an under recognized Valentines Day gift. Lots of places offer massage gift certificates for purchase online. Give the gift certificate to him or her on the day and then your sweetie can schedule whenever it is convenient for them. Massage therapy is relaxing and rejuvenating and will show your loved one that you care.
3. Gift Baskets – Gift baskets are usually reserved for office gifts or for far away gifts. If you are far away a Valentines Day Gift Basket might be exactly what you need. Even if you are close to your loved one a gift basket can be a fun and beautiful expression of love and it takes little work from you. Many places offer personalized Valentines Day gift baskets as well.
4. Fancy Dinner – As a Valentines Day gift the naughtily expensive dinner will never go out of style. If she eats meat take her to a place that serves good foie gras, pork belly or oysters. Look for a menu that is sensuous and outside the ordinary for your tastes and those of your sweet heart. Finding something different and unique to share is thrilling and will score you big points. Don’t be nervous about choosing wine, any good restaurant will help you select a good wine without being pretentious, don’t feign a high level of knowledge, profess your ignorance and make the sommelier work for you.
5. Flowers – Time tested, flowers are an excellent Valentines Day gift for men and women. You know your loved one best, pick a color they like and an exotic flower they haven’t seen before. Go with an orchid if you are unsure (just be prepared for lots of care, orchids are finicky). If plant care isn’t your thing go with the standard Valentines Day flower, the rose. Pick a unique color and come up with a reason you chose that color.
Special Tip: In fact, come up with a reason for every gift you give this Valentines Day. If you have a reason for a gift it will sound like you spent more time and effort finding the gift and your loved one will appreciate this effort (I won’t tell!).
Don’t let this Valentines Day get away from you like last year did, follow between 1 and 5 of the above steps plus the special tip and you will be on your way to a fantastic Valentines Day celebration. Be sure to follow up each gift with plenty of kisses and longing gazes and make this one to remember.
About the Author: Anne Harvester is a gift giver extraordinaire. She travels the world looking for the best gifts for every occasion and best festivals to attend. If you know of a great gift that she should know about or an obscure festival she should visit let her know.