Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Choosing the Right Dinisng Table for You.
Dining room – part of the home where we not only eat food but for many families where we connect after a long day at work or school. I associate it with socializing, potluck dinners and it has a deeper, spiritual meaning for me especially during Thanksgiving and other special occasions. For many people the dining table is more than just a piece of furniture where meals are served; often homework is hurriedly finished before children are allowed their TV time and home-based business owners use it as their 'home office' too, since laptops are not bound to a dial up.
So what should you keep in mind while shopping for your dining room set? Here are some of my tips that I jotted down in a hurry while shopping for one myself and wanted to share with readers online:
1. Style: For me, the first step would be to determine what style I want: round, oval, square or rectabgulkar. Once that is out of the way, we can figure out other factors.
2. Budget. I dread that topic but we have to be reasonable and not spend two month's salary on a dining room table. So find out what your limits are.
3. Size: Calculate the size table you will need, add the chair width plus eight inches and then multiply by the number of chairs you will need. This will give you the size you need to find.
4. Space: If you have a small dining area, then consider a pedestal style table. It will allow more chairs to be placed around.
5. Finsih: Remember that high-polish surfaces take more upkeep, whereas a distressed style won't show scratches that much. If you have kids that factor matters a lot.
6. Glass top: They look great, but are more appropriate for light use because they can be easily chipped, or damaged.
This is not a comprehensive list of factors to keep in mind but I am sure you will find them helpful in choosing your dining room furniture.
Danah Yousuf is a freelance writer and a full-time mom. Her work and poems have been published in periodicals overseas and has written extensively for
About the Author: