Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Crush your cravings! 10 easy ways to lose weight quick.
The body has a sneaky way of getting what it wants when it comes to foods; often producing powerful hunger signals that are not easily ignored.
Sure you swear that you won't give in.
But, before you know it you find yourself arm deep in a bag of chocolate chip cookies.
Will power may not be enough to stop unexpected urges to eat.
The trick to defeating cravings is to keep them from happening in the first place.
Here are a few simple tips to stop cravings in their tracks and put you back in control of what goes into your mouth.
1.When you keep your stomach filled with the good things, there's no room for the bad ones.
Eat several high fiber pieces of fruit, or a bowl of high fiber bran cereal daily. Either one will trick your body into believing that it is full, so that it stops asking you for food.
2. Often you will find yourself craving a particular food after seeing it on TV or in the refrigerator. Rid your home of junk food reminders, including pizza coupons, resteraunt refrigerator magnets and resteraunt take out menus. Make it harder for yourself to do the
3. Cut back on your sweets, breads, jelly, syrup, refined white flour products, sugar, cakes and over all carb intake. Carbs may cause your blood sugar level to spike which in turn makes you crave more carbs (donuts, pastries, breads, etc.) and more food. This is nothing more than hormonal hunger, and not a real need for food.
4. You aren't superman or super woman! When you keep snacks and sweets in your home, you're bound to run into them when you're starving. Toss the snacks and carbonated beverages and
replace them with low fat fruit alternatives.
5. If you find yourself craving particular foods at times you may be suffering from a vitamin or mineral deficiency. You can fill these nutritional gaps by incorporating a wide range of nutrient rich fruits and vegetables into your current diet plan.
6. If you are currently skipping meals as a form of dieting, then your cravings are actual cries for food from your body.
A better strategy for dieting and cutting calories, would be to eat four to six smaller--protein rich--meals daily. This method allows you to satisfy your body's biological need for food, while maintaining your blood sugar level and letting you lose weight gradually.
And, since there will always be something in your stomach almost every hour of the day, you won't suffer from the same cravings as before.
Protein rich foods like beans, legumes, chicken, fish and beef, take longer to digest (and leave your stomach) so they make you feel fuller longer. If you feel full, you won't even find that you think about eating.
7. Never leave the house hungry or you may find that you simply have to make a pit stop at a fast food resteraunt.
8. Try to start each meal with a light soup (just like they do in resteraunts.) Then when you get to the real food, you won't feel so ravenous.
9. Keep small boxxes of dried fruit or nuts in your desk drawer or car, for on the go snacking that won't make you gain weight. Next time you feel the temptation to give in to a candy bar, reach for a snack pack, instead.
10. Get back into life! Some cravings are spawned by sheer boredom. Get up and out of your house. Find new friends. Take up a hobby. Volunteer your time. Do something that feeds your
soul and not your stomach.
About the Author: Beverly Johnson
Need to lose weight fast? Download her free ebook: Slim down quick at:
Free tips for skin care beauty:
You'll find lots of advice to help you shed the pounds easily without restrictive diets!