Weight Loss Meal Plans - Boost Your Chances of Weight Loss Success
For anyone who is overweight and struggling to lose weight on the latest fad diet, they will know that popular diets with their ‘one size fits all’ meal plans can be restrictive and boring. After a fortnight you find yourself with no enthusiasm and searching for more to eat leading you to gorge and hate yourself for your failure.
You wouldn’t undertake an exercise program designed to help an elite athlete lose body fat, so why would you embark on a meal plan that has been generically devised for the ‘average’ overweight person? These generic plans don't factor in your body and you individual needs. You need to devise meal plans that suit you, your lifestyle and your body needs.
So where do you go and how do you find resources to develop personalized meal plans? Well, before you start looking you must bear in mind that there are excellent and effective plans out there, but there are also diastrous plans that won't help you succeed at all. When looking to develop personalized meal plans use the following as a guide to ensure you are getting the best possible individually tailored program.
1. Ensure you are asked to give extensive information about yourself and your body: e.g. your height, weight, age, daily activity level and what those activities are, body fat, body measurements etc.
2. Ensure that daily calorie requirements are calculated for you and your body.
3. Ensure that the weight loss meal plans are developed with your personal weight loss goals in mind.
You want the plan to be flexible so that it allows you to make changes to it as your needs change over time.
4. The freedom to add in your own choice of foods, within set guidelines, is also important.
This is so you don't become bored with the same old foods which can help to decrease your motivation.
5. Ensure that the allowable foods list that you can choose from is extensive to, again, keep that motivation high.
6. Also a good plan will equip you with ways to measure your progress.
Watching yourself achieve success can really boost your motivation so the plan must be able to produce measurable outcomes that you can monitor regularly. This also serves to provide feedback on how the plan is working, or not working, for you and allows for timely modifications to be made to the plan.
If you have been struggling for years on generic diets, becoming frustrated and despondent then throw all those diet books away and get serious. If you really want to achieve success then a personalized weight loss program is your answer. It doesn’t have to be hard and it doesn’t have to be expensive to get the right advice.
If you follow the guidelines set out above you will be well on your way to achieving your weight loss goals. I wish you luck on your journey.
About the Author: Want to create your own customized weight loss meal plans? No need for pricey trainers or Dietitians, you can do it yourself. Jenni Nagel can show you how. Click Here for more information. Visit http://www.achieve-weight-loss.com.