Is Weight Loss your New Year Resolution?
Losing weight, eating healthier and getting fit is the New Year resolution of many people. But most give up on the resolution within the first three months. Often, New Yearís weight loss resolutions are a recipe for failure due to unrealistic expectations and poor planning. This year, narrow your focus. Break your goals into manageable steps and by doing so; you are more likely to stick to you plans for longer. And the results of you success will be a source of encouragement.
First, you must be ready to lose weight and get fit for yourself. Most weight loss experts agree that the key to long-term weight management evolves from permanent lifestyle changes and not just diet restrictions. Choosing a Ďfadí diet that promotes quick weight loss does not work. You may lose weight, but gain it back just as quickly when you return to your normal diet. Diets do not work if long-term weight loss is your goal. So this New Year, make a resolution NOT to go on fad diets, but instead find a solution that will allow you to take control of the way you look and feel this year.
Here are a few tips, that will help you keep on track with you weight loss resolution.
1. Plan your weight loss strategy in advance: Studies show that many people donít succeed due to lack of proper planning. Plan your strategy in advance. Do research on healthy diet and exercise programs and choose whatever suits you best. This will also help you to mentally prepare yourself for the required changes you will have to make in the coming future.
2. Choose your goals, but make them attainable: Discovering why the goal is meaningful to you increases the probability of success. Be specific with your New Year Resolution.
3. Stay focused on your goals: Hectic schedules, eating on the move and not seeing results are all reasons given for weight loss resolution failures. Write down your New Yearís resolution and paste it all around you as a constant reminder of what you are trying to accomplish.
To help keep you on track
1. Make a food journal to record what you eat each day. In doing so, you will become more aware of what you are eating and learn how to make positive dietary changes.
2. Plan meals in advance that are quick, easy and healthy.
3. Remove temptations. Go into your kitchen and remove all the bad foods from your refrigerator and pantry.
4. Stock your kitchen with healthy, nutrient dense food, such as fresh fruits, raw vegetables, lean protein and healthy snack food.
5. Be physically active for in order to lose body fat and keep muscle mass, you should do physical activity regularly. Find and activity you enjoy and participate for 30 minutes daily.
6. Find a workout buddy. You can help each other stay motivated.
7. Track your body measurements. Remember that relying completely on scale weight is not necessarily the best strategy. It canít distinguish between fat, muscle, bone, organ or water weight. Measure progress with reduction in body measurements and overall fitness.
Have a healthy and happy new year.
About the Author: Lucy Nicholas is a veteran of the alternative medicine industry and has a wealth of knowledge and expertise on how to treat acne. More info: http://www.natural-acne-treatments-reviews.com/