Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Car Hire Tips: What To Do And What Should Be Avoided
When we talk about car hire, there is much more to hiring the car than
just reserving it and paying for it. In order to make sure that you get the
best deal, follow these steps and tips.
1. Look for an internet car hire. These types of hire offer internet only
discounts, and sometimes even accepts find a car at your own price
methods where you just give them your budget and they'll find the best
deal for you, plus you wont have to go anywhere to get a rental.
2. Choose at least three to four car hire firms that fit your wants and
needs. Do this either through the phonebook, or through the internet but
remember to scan every possible firm before you make a choice. You
don't want to overlook the best car hire because chances are that you
often get bored for searching.
3. Contact the selected agency and ask about their special offers,
location, availability, pickup sites, rates, special rates, hotel and airline
partnerships, extra charges, insurance and everything else you can think
of, that can help lower rate than what you have to pay for your car rental,
or what would make the car hire more convenient for you.
4. Choose a pickup point that is near you so it won't be hassles. Note
that some car rental companies pay for the cab ride you have to take,
some pick you up at your home or at the airport to take you to your
5. Choosing a car: Select a car depending on your needs, which could
fit all the people you'll have in it, and if you're alone just use a compact
vehicle because most rentals charge higher for larger vehicles.
6. The next thing to do, after you've totally decided on which to take,
remember to reserve it. Some car rentals include the reservation fee on
the overall rent, some make it out to be an extra fee hence you should
also look out for this to save some money on car hire.
For the best deals for your money here are some tips when looking,
finding and taking out a car hire.
1. When getting a car hire check for available upgrades at no charge,
you'd want the best deal to get best car. For this, you should go to pickup
your car early in the morning, when the other cars haven't been returned
yet, this way there would be a shortage on economy cars and the firm
might just give you an upgrade for a lower price.
2. Fill the gas tank before you return your car because the car rentals
will charge you at an inflated price, the cost of the gas needed to fill the
3. Look for packages like fly-drive-stay or fly-drive, these will get you
great discounts on rentals, and what's more you won't have to worry
about other details like a hotel or an airline, everything is there. You can
find these packages on must travel agencies.
4. If your frequent flyer discount or free flight is about to expire, there
are some car rental companies that offer to exchange these discounts to
discounts on your car rental, although its more cost effective to just fly
with your frequent flyer discount, if its going to expire anyway, why
These are just a few of the things you'll need to know, but always
remember to be pesky, ask questions, ask for discounts, the only reason
why people don't get better value for the things they buy is because
they're too shy to ask.
So, are you too shy to ask?
About the Author: Do you want to read more car hire tips?
Then browse my site