Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Stansted Airport parking explained – Top advice on how to save time and money from a seasoned traveller
London Stansted International Airport has now grown into London's' third airport and is the fifth busiest airport in the world. The airport offers 44 scheduled and charter airlines serving 145 destinations in 32 countries and is also the fastest growing airport in Europe. London Stansted Airport handles over 22 million passengers per year, so it’s hardly surprising that finding the right Stansted Airport parking to suit your needs can be such a nightmare – time consuming and expensive. However, the key to finding the right parking for your needs, at the right price, is now divulged for your reading pleasure…
There are various Stansted Airport parking options available to passengers travelling through the Airport depending on budget, length of stay and level of service required. Determining which Stansted Airport parking option will best suit your needs is the first step:
* Standard Stansted Airport Parking
Stansted short term parking is just 200m from the terminal and suitable for stays of up to 5 hours - perfect for collecting or dropping off passengers, or for short trips. Any cars left unattended in the set down or pick up areas, will be towed away by the police and a release fee will be incurred. Therefore, if you need to leave your car unattended, motorists must park in the Stansted short stay car parks available at the Terminal.
* Business Stansted Airport Parking
Travellers that need fast access through from parking to the airport can use the Short Stay Fast Track service. This car park is situated immediately in front of the Terminal entrance and recommended for stays of up to 24 hours, providing extra speed and convenience for business travellers. The Fast Track Stansted parking has a dedicated entry and exit and wider parking spaces. For business travellers with a stay longer than 24 hours, the Mid Term Stansted parking option below is recommended.
* Stansted Mid Term Parking
For passengers travelling on short breaks and business trips, this secure mid term car park is the ideal choice. The car park is served by shuttle buses that run every 10 minutes with a journey time of 5 to 6 minutes.
* Stansted Long Term Parking
For passengers travelling away for more than a few days, Stansted long term parking is recommended. This is where the minefield begins. There are a huge number of different options available for Stansted Airport parking, and many companies competing for your business. The long stay car parks are serviced by regular shuttle bus services to the terminal building, running from every 5 - 20 minutes, depending on the car park you choose. Some car parks only operate a shuttle bus during specified hours, so please check the times carefully if you have a late night or early morning flight. Passengers using this option must leave plenty of time as the transfer to the airport can take from 20 to 50 minutes. Keep reading for tips on how to make your Stansted Airport parking decision and get the best price.
* Meet and Greet Stansted Airport Parking
If you find bus transfers and off-site Stansted Airport parking a hassle, meet and greet Stansted Airport Parking offers customers a convenient valet service. Amongst many benefits, travellers can check-in within minutes of arriving at the airport and drive away minutes after clearing customs.
* Disabled Parking at Stansted Airport
The blue badge scheme applies to car parks only as there is no waiting outside the terminal buildings themselves. All short stay car parks have dedicated parking bays for blue badge holders so ensure you take your badge with you. All mid term and long stay car parks have disabled parking bays situated near the coach shelters, and all coaches are wheelchair accessible. The coach drivers or forecourt marshalls will be happy to provide assistance where required.
Now we’ve looked at all the options, ‘how do I make sure I get the best quote to save me money?’, I hear you ask…
* Choose the best option for your needs: Whether this be standard or business Stansted Airport parking, mid term Stansted parking, Stansted long term parking, meet and greet or disabled parking
* Pre-book: Booking Stansted Airport parking in advance will secure your parking space
* Discounts: Online bookings will normally reward you with a further discount
* Save time, find the right price and compare your options: Use an online Stansted airport parking price checker to make sure you are not paying over the odds. A price checker enables you to compare parking prices online.
The best Stansted airport parking price checker that I have found to compare Stansted airport car parking is available on the Stansted Airport information site.
* Truly Independent - so they get the best deals on parking prices and pass them on to you
* Better Rates - the Company goes direct to the Stansted Airport parking operators so they can negotiate better rates
* Monitor Competitors - to ensure they offer you the best prices
* Information in one screen shot – so you can instantly see the best option and price for your needs
* Book online – traipsing around for the best Stansted Airport parking is a thing of the past!
So next time you travel away, just follow the Stansted Airport parking tips in this simple guide, and you’re away - more relaxed and with a few extra pennies in your pocket.
About the Author: Bethanie Ashley is a frequent traveller keen to pass on time and money saving advice to others. Further useful information such as how to get to the airport, public transport, Stansted Airport parking, Terminal facilities, Airport security, Airlines, destinations, and for booking and paying for airport lounges, car rental, airport parking, travel insurance and foreign currency, can be found on the Stansted Information website.