Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Heathrow Airport parking explained – Top advice on how to save time and money from a seasoned traveller
London Heathrow is the World's busiest airport, with around 90 different airlines who between them, offer a choice of over 200 domestic, European and international destinations. Over 67 Million passengers travel through the Airport each year, so it’s hardly surprising that finding the right Heathrow parking to suit your needs can be such a nightmare – time consuming and expensive. However, the key to finding the right parking for your needs, at the right price, is now divulged for your reading pleasure…
There are various Heathrow parking options available to passengers travelling through the Airport depending on budget, length of stay and level of service required. Determining which Heathrow parking option will best suit your needs is the first step:
* Standard Heathrow Parking
Heathrow short term parking is perfect for collecting or dropping off passengers, or for short trips. Any cars left unattended in the set down or pick up areas, will be towed away by the police and a release fee will be incurred. Therefore, if you need to leave your car unattended, motorists must park in the Heathrow short stay car parks available at each Terminal.
* Business Heathrow Parking
For travellers that need parking for up to three or four days and require greater speed and convenience, the business car parks are located closer to the terminals than the other Heathrow long term parking options, and offer a more frequent courtesy coach transfer.
* Heathrow Long Term Parking
For passengers travelling away for more than a few days, Heathrow long term parking is recommended. This is where the minefield begins. There are a huge number of different options available for Heathrow parking, and many companies competing for your business. Keep reading for tips on how to make your Heathrow parking decision and get the best price.
* Heathrow BAA Parking Options
Long term Heathrow BAA parking is situated in the area surrounding Heathrow Airport and offers secure parking and a courtesy bus transfer that runs every 10 minutes. However, passengers using this option must leave plenty of time as the transfer to the airport takes approximately 20 minutes.
* Meet and Greet Heathrow Airport Parking
If you find bus transfers and off-site Heathrow parking a hassle, meet and greet Heathrow Airport Parking offers customers a convenient valet service. Amongst many benefits, travellers can check-in within minutes of arriving at the airport and drive away minutes after clearing customs.
* Heathrow Park & Stay
For passengers that would like to relax before they travel or that have an early flight, park and stay is available at the Hilton Hotel, Terminal 4. The package includes one night in the Hilton hotel and nine days parking.
Now we’ve looked at all the options, ‘how do I make sure I get the best quote to save me money?’, I hear you ask…
* Choose the best option for your needs: Whether this be standard or business Heathrow parking, Heathrow long term parking, Heathrow BAA parking, meet and greet or park and stay
* Pre-book: Booking Heathrow parking in advance will secure your parking space
* Discounts: Online bookings will normally reward you with a further discount
* Save time, find the right price and compare your options: Use an online Heathrow airport parking price checker to make sure you are not paying over the odds. A price checker enables you to compare parking prices online.
The best Heathrow airport parking price checker that I have found to compare Heathrow airport car parking is www.helpmetravel.co.uk.
* Truly Independent - so they get the best deals on parking prices and pass them on to you
* Better Rates - the Company goes direct to the Heathrow BAA parking and other parking operators so they can negotiate better rates
* Monitor Competitors - to ensure they offer you the best prices
* Information in one screen shot – so you can instantly see the best option and price for your needs
* Book online – traipsing around for the best Heathrow parking is a thing of the past!
So next time you travel away, just follow the Heathrow parking tips in this simple guide, and you’re away - more relaxed and with a few extra pennies in your pocket.
About the Author: Bethanie Ashley is a frequent traveller keen to pass on time and money saving advice to others. Further useful information such as how to get to the airport, public transport, Heathrow parking, Terminal facilities, Airport security, Airlines, destinations, and for booking and paying for airport lounges, car rental, airport parking, travel insurance and foreign currency, can be found on the Heathrow Informationwebsite.