Cruise vacations from dream to reality
People go cruising for different reasons. One thing is for sure that the experience of a cruise will always keep its unique images alive in your brain.
Here are some tips and guidelines you should take into account when you discuss the details of a cruise with your cruise travel agent. They would help you to organize your thoughts and ask direct and targeted questions without unnecessarily wasting your time, for a proper understanding of the situation.
- There are different types of packages (family packages or single travellers packages) offered by cruises line; choose the one that fits you best according to your individual requirements;
- Who comes with you? (your children, you need a romantic getaway, you are a honeymooner or plan to get married – some cruise lines offer wedding services, too);
- How long do you plan to cruise? (from three to fourteen nights, to world cruises which are the longest, lasting up to three months);
- Where and how to search? You have two alternatives: a cruise travel agent or agency or the websites of cruise lines;
- Port of departure. You can choose it by the proximity to your home, if you want to save money and avoid expensive airfare;
- Facilities offered during the cruise (for instance, if you like to gamble you may want to choose a cruise line that has casinos on board; maybe facilities for your children which are offered by all major cruise lines);
- Land and shore excursions (they are offered by all cruise lines, and last from two to three days, before, after or even during the cruise vacation). This kind of excursion gives you the opportunity to explore new cultures, destinations, visit new places, practice water sports, do some shopping etc.
- Destinations and suggestions:
Europe – a cruise in Europe is recommended to be taken for at least fourteen days of cruising, because of the long distance between the ports of embarkation;
Weekend Cruises – for at least three days;
Alaska – for summers only;
Mid Winter Cruise – The Caribbean (for a two weeks vacation one should choose a line that alternates between Eastern and Western Caribbean, thus you would have the chance to visit more islands), South America;
A Perfect Cruise Experience
A perfect cruise experience means no unwanted surprises. This depends on the seriousness and professionalism of the agent or agency you have chosen. Give honesty and require an honest opinion of your cruise travel agent, concerning the cruise you are about to choose. Ask your cruise agent for some tips and thorough details that might help you during the cruise and help you to avoid unexpected or completely new and unknown situations. It’s easier to get these pieces of information from relatives, friends, and acquaintances that have been there before you and have already experienced that particular cruise offer or perhaps a related one. Another source of information is made available by cruise reviews which are offered by Internet websites and forums (very subjective, but suggestive), magazines, newspapers etc.
Sometimes the decision for a vacation comes unexpectedly, so here are some guidelines that might help you to plan a proper cruise vacation. You might not have in mind all these details when you are about to take the decision so these guidelines are meant to be helpful. This cruise may give you years of pleasant recollections or years of misfortunes to forget.
About the Author: For more resources on finding a cheap cruise or getting a deal on a last minute cruise, please visit Cruise-heaven.com
If you’re looking for romance on your vacation, make sure to read the following dating tips and advice.