How to Get a Hotel Discount
You need to ASK if you want a discount. Here are ways to do it:
* Search the internet, look for great deals. There are various types of hotels that offer great discounts on the web for online customers. Be sure to check these out.
* Plan your trip during the off season months. These are the times when big discounts are given.
* Call the hotel of your choice. Ask them about offers and discounts that they can give. List all promotions.
* Certain hotels can give discounts to credit card holders of certain card establishments. Ask for the manager and ask him about it. The manager is the best person to ask, since if you can make negotiations, he has the authority to make negotiations with you.
* Ask if they give discounts to students or senior citizens.
* Simply ask through the phone how can you qualify for a discount. If at certain day of the week or at certain times of the year they give discounts, ask them about it and ask how much or how less can they give, then ask if you could get still a higher discount. Usually at off peak seasons, hotels will be willing to give in, just to fill the empty rooms.
* Ask for certain packages. Hotels usually offer rooms with free breakfast.
* Do name drop. If you know of someone who frequently stays them, mention his name. It can help. Tell them your friend referred you to them and ask for a discount. Don't ever give up if they say no. A statement like "is that the best you can do?" can encourage a big discount.
* Often, people in the military get good hotel rates. Usually, discounts are offered to government employees.
* At off peak seasons, you could definitely ask for special rates. Then if they don't budge after you have offered a discount, ask some extras, like breakfast.
* When negotiating, it is very important to write down all agreed discussions. Write too, the names of the persons that you have been talking to, the time as well as the day and date. Ask for a number that you can call before checking in to the hotel for confirmation.
* Upon arrival to the hotel, look around and ask for negotiations once more. For instance if you feel that the hotel is not fully booked, ask for a room with a better view than the one you are in, if you don't agree with what you see.
Enjoy your stay!
About the Author: Author: John Edwards
Find out how you can save money not only while travelling, but also save money and get better hotel room, newer rental car, fancier cruise. Get tips for cheap travel and discount travel: