All About Caribbean Cruises And A Glossary Of Cruise Terms
Caribbean cruises are the most popular of all cruise destinations. And there are good reasons that they are the cruise destination of choice. Caribbean cruises offer you intriguing ports of call, beautiful white sandy beaches with azure blue water, all while enjoying the supreme service aboard your magnificent cruise ship. Caribbean cruises offer many activities for all age groups, so it makes a great family cruise vacation. And don't worry about cruise terms, we've included it here.
During family cruise vacations there are activities all day long and they're free. You have already paid for it in the price of Caribbean cruise. You get all your meals, your cabin, and entertainment included in the price of you family cruise vacation. This is one of the many reasons Caribbean cruises are such a great value.
The best aspect of Caribbean cruises is that once you board your ship you unpack once for the entire trip. No schlepping bags from airport to hotel over and over again. You will be in a new island almost every day with the travel between each port done at night, while you sleep. What could be easier?
Most of the top cruise lines offer Caribbean cruises. Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, Holland America and Carnival all offer a great variety of Caribbean cruise vacations. There are very formal Caribbean cruises or the fun and casual party cruise. Caribbean cruises are good if you are looking for adventure, golf or scuba cruises. Or maybe you would like to go on a relaxing cruise to enjoy the sea on a sailing cruise. You could plan a Caribbean cruise as a second honeymoon, even the first honeymoon, or a family reunion, or a special anniversary. You don't even need an excuse to take a Caribbean cruise, do it just for fun. Or do it because there is five feet of snow and you need to see the sun and the sand.
Be sure to inquire about any discounted cruises for special groups, like teachers, police or fireman, or nurses. Many times a cruise line sees a certain cruise at a certain time of the year is filling up slowly so they offer special discounts to these groups. And if you belong to one of these groups band together, says as teachers from Pennsylvania and get additional discounts.
Now that you have decided to take a Caribbean cruise here is a glossary of terms used on Cruise ships. It's the cruise terms or cruise lingo.
* Aft is the rear or near the rear of the ship
* Amidships is the middle of the ship
* Bow is the very front of the ship
* Bridge is the navigational control center
* Colors are the national flag flown by the ship
* Deck Plan is an overhead diagram of the cabins and the public rooms
* Dock is where your ship will “park” when in port
* Forward faces the front of the boat
* Gangway allows you access on and off the ship
* Knot is a nautical mile
* Leeward means out of the wind
* Pitch is how much the ship will roll (not very much, if at all)
* PAX is cruise terms for passengers
* Book a cruise is to make a cruise reservation
* A Cruiser is you, the passenger
* Port is the left hand side of the ship while facing forward (bow). Easy to remember since port and left have four letters
* Stack (sometimes called smoke stack) is the ships “chimney”
* Starboard is the right side of the ship while facing forward (bow). .
* Stateroom or berth is your cabin
* Steward’s are personnel on the ship for your cabin and dining room
* Stern is the very back of the ship
* Daily Activity Log lists the various activities on board
Now that you can know your Cruise terms, all you have to do is call your cruise travel agent and book one of the many Caribbean cruises that are offered. Book as a family cruise vacation, your honeymoon or anniversary or just because you want to experience Caribbean cruises.
Copyright © Mary Hanna, All Rights Reserved.
This article may be distributed freely on your website and in your ezines, as long as this entire article, copyright notice, links and the resource box are unchanged.
About the Author: Mary Hanna has traveled the world by Air and Ship while writing eBooks, Software Reviews and Practical Articles on Internet Marketing, Cruising, Gardening and Cooking. Visit her websites at: http://www.CruiseGold.com http://www.CruiseTravelDirectory.com and http://www.CruisingTips.com