Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Odds and point spreads for Sports Wagering
Before you indulge in sports betting it's important for you to familiarize yourself with the different terms that are the part and parcel of sports betting. For example, for those who are new to sports betting, understanding terms like point spread is the very starting point. For those who don't know, it is "the line" or "the spread" that is used as a margin to handicap the favorite team.
For betting purposes, the odds makers usually predict that the favored team will win by a certain number of points. This number of point is the point spread. The favorite is always indicated by a minus sign while the underdog by a plus sign. If you bet on the favorite, you win your bet if the favorite wins and their margin of victory is greater than the point spread. If you bet on the underdog, you win if the underdog wins, ties, or if the favored team wins but fails to exceed the point spread.
On the other hand, in baseball and hockey, point spreads are replaced by the money line. Money line betting is simply wagering on the contest based on a given price rather than a point spread.
In football, the two most popular ways of expressing odds is either the football betting point spread or money lines. Football betting point spread can go up or down at any time depending on various factors like player injuries, weather, and others.
More about Betting Lines, Point spreads football odds, etc.
1. Football Point Spread bets are one of the most common sports bets. And if the handicappers do their job right and choose the right spread number, there should be an even chance of winning or losing the bet.
2. As the season begins, it signals the opportunity to make quick bucks, betting against the NFL pointspreads. Like all the NFL teams, you undoubtedly have a fair chance of emerging a winner. Now, if a football team has scored 20 points or less in each of its last three games, they are likely to cover the point spread in the fourth but if a team has scored over 90 points in the last three games, they may let you down in the fourth. Since the line will likely be too high, they may not beat the spread, even if they win the game.
3. After a big win in which an opponent was thoroughly whipped, a team may be let down a bit. They may win the football game, but be unable to beat the point spread NFL.
4. After an embarrassing loss, assuming it is the first one of the season, expect a team to come back and beat the spread,if not win the game. This is particularly true if they were shut out.
5. If two teams played earlier in the season and the score was close, the loser of the first game is likely to win this one. However, if one team whipped the other, they are likely to win again.
6. When all else fails in the game of football, take the underdog because favorites tend to be overplayed. So, when you see nothing better to do, take the underdog and the points.
7. If you are betting for real on individual games and want to take the favorite, do so early in the week. If the line changes, the chances are good that it will be because of more bucks coming in on the favorite. And conversely, if you want to take the underdog, do so later in the week; the favorite may have been considerably overplayed by then.
8. In the case of basket ball games, NBA point spreads make betting more difficult to predict, thus adding excitement to the betting experience. However, the excitement of winning is far sweeter.
9. NBA games must go at least 43 minutes to have some interesting action. For wagering purposes, winners and losers are determined by the final score(including overtime), provided that the game has gone the minimum time as specified above. If a game is suspended after the minimum time has been played and not resumed the same day, then regardless of whether the game is completed at a later date, the score when the game is halted will determine the betting results.
10.If play is suspended before the minimum time has been reached and not resumed the same day, all bets will be scored as'no action' and all the money is be refunded.
Looking for good sports betting sites?
If you're serious about sports betting, we sure pick a good sports book or informative site like www.brandonlang.com. With a solid reputation and experience spanning several years, thousands of sports bettors around the world swear by Brandon Lang's sport handicappers picks. Not just experienced bettors, betting enthusiasts who have no prior experience in sports gambling also earn a considerable sum of money through sites like www.brandonlang.com,www.sportsadvisors.com and www.whowillcover.com that give out a lot of interesting and useful information on point spreads, etc. These sites can help you place bets on your favorite professional or college sports teams. They offer sports betting odds on professional and college football, NBA point spread, NFL pointspreads, baseball, and more.
Besides, these sites also provide a large variety of betting options such as Proposition betting, Odds to win betting, Player vs. Player match up betting, Money Line betting, Teaser betting , Parlay betting , Reverse betting, Pleaser betting, and more gambling options that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
About the Author: David Kaplin is one of the top experts in the sports betting industry today. The author has over 10 years of experience in this industry. Dealing in most of the prime sports and closely monitoring top players have made him one of the safest resources for betting information. For more information please contact us at: http://www.brandonlang.com