Build Your Own Swimming Pool
Interested in building your own swimming pool but feel daunted by the task? Relax on your pool chair Ö itís easier than you think!
What does it take to build your own backyard utopia? Thanks to the invention of
swimming pool kits, more and more homeowners are foregoing the traditional way of hiring a professional pool builder and doing it themselves instead. But before you purchase your kit, there are a few things you need to consider:
The first thing you need to do is to decide on the type of swimming pool design
that best suits your dream and backyard space. Look in books and magazines
about residential swimming pools or construction as well as magazines about
architecture, interior design and travel. Also look at pictures of hotels and resorts throughout the world to get ideas. Books not your thing? Take a walk in
residential neighborhoods and see what styles of swimming pools they have.
* Make a list of the activities you would like to enjoy in your pool; laps, lounging, water games, pool parties.
* Determine if you want an in ground or above ground pool.
* Ensure that you have the appropriate landscape and space to adequately fit a swimming pool.
* Make sure all city rules, contracts and regulations are adhered to.
* Get a do-it-yourself kit! Yes, you read that right. Medallion Pools has been selling in-ground and above ground swimming pool kits since the company was founded in 1960.
Make Your Backyard Dreams Come True With A Medallion Swimming Pool Kit!
If you want an in-ground swimming pool, a Medallion Kit will give you detailed
instructions on how to build one from the ground up, including how to:
* Identify the appropriate area in your backyard for a pool and dig a hole wide and deep enough to create a sturdy foundation.
* Build walls, steps, coping and a trowel bottom.
* Install plumbing and liner.
* Fill with water and backfill.
If you prefer an above ground swimming pool, a Medallion Kit will give you detailed instructions on how to:
* Level the ground in your backyard, dig a hole and set walls.
* Install plumbing and liner and fill with water.
About the Author: By Medallion Pools, your #1 choice in manufacturers for inground swimming pools, above ground swimming pools, swim spas, and swimming pool equipment.