Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Twist in the Wedding Ceremony with Personal Wedding Vows…
Planning your wedding is intimidating. Today, it is common for couples are choosing to make this special event uniquely their own by altering all or parts of the wedding ceremony by adding their own twist to it. Here is a sample of a non-denominational wedding ceremony.
- The Greeting or Opening Words
- An Opening Prayer Or Reading
- Declaration of Intentions and/ or Wedding Vows
- Exchange Of Rings Or Gifts
- Lighting Of Unity Candle Or Other Unity Ceremony Closing
If you are not the innovative type or do not want to depart to far from tradition. However, you want the service to be yours. The easiest place in the wedding ceremony to add individuality is in writing your wedding vows or promises to each other. Use this portion of the wedding ceremony as an opportunity to express your love and devotion to one another in a very personal way.
You may choose, as some couples, to write their wedding vows completely from their hearts or borrow from many sources such as lyrics from songs, lines from a poem, the bible, or sharing with others glimpses of memorable moments, inside jokes between the two of you.
The traditional wedding vows are familiar to us all. We’ve all heard the phrase “to love, honor, and cherish,” a million times before and, regardless of race, religion, or nationality, we all immediately associate these words with the marriage ceremony.
The options to include something different are infinite. Remember to be mindful of the type and theme of your ceremony. Here are a few samples:
- I promise to be there when you need me, to fill your days with sunshine, to comfort you and encourage you, to be your best friend forever and to love you all my life with all my heart, for so long as we both shall live.
- I promise (while you are home) to limit my video game playing to two hours a week and football viewing to Sundays only.
- Baby, I promise to make your dreams come true…
- I promise to pick my sticky, smelly socks up, let the toilet seat down and the tissue roll over instead of under.
About the Author: About the Author: Cheryl Hubbard owner of Hera Publishing. Hera, the goddess of Marriage and Fertility, provides wedding ceremony resources, wedding vows samples, and wedding theme ideas. http://www.mywedvows.com