Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Top 10 Tips To Keep In Mind When Meeting Your Online Date For The First Time
So you're ready to meet your online date for the first time?
After a long time you feel like it's about time to find out who the person you've been meeting virtually online really is. You feel the urgency to come out and finally meet him/her for the very first time!
As many people who are beginning to experience this online dating world, you may have been chatting online with someone for a long time and you may feel that you know him or her well. However, this may not be true! Why? - You may ask. The reason is very simple... because your online "friend" may have been lying to you all the time! That's right. Unfortunately, this is something very common in many cases of the online dating world :-(
Online dating can be a very fun experience but it can also bring you deceptions. So, if you're ready to meet your online date for the first time, be careful about meeting him/her. You should especially be cautious about revealing personal information about yourself, just as you would when you meet a stranger for the first time. There will be excitement coupled with anxiety when you meet your online date for the first time, but you need to think about protecting yourself first.
Here are some of the most recommended tips to keep in mind when you meet your online date for the first time:
1. First of all, tell your date that you will meet him/her. But do not agree to be picked up from your home.
2. You should meet your online date in a public place and take a friend along. A good idea would be to make it a double date or meet with a group of friends.
3. Tell someone where you are going and whom you will be meeting. Fix a time when you will be calling them to confirm that you are back and safe.
4. Always use your own car to go for the date and make sure that you have sufficient fuel.
5. If you feel like you are under an obligation, insist on splitting the bill with your date.
6. Be careful if you choose to drink alcohol. Keep your glass in sight so that you are aware of what you are drinking.
7. In case you have an idea about the type of person you're dating with, don't just ignore it. If for any reason you sense that something is not right, get out of there as soon as possible.
8. Never agree to meet your date in a lonely place. This is crucial!
9. Even if you're having a great time, keep on alert. Keeping a cell phone handy can help. It is better to give your date your cell phone number, rather than your home phone number.
10. Never tell your date your address on your first date. Make plans to meet a second time and then decide if you want to tell him/her where you live.
So there you have it. Ten of the most recommended tips to follow when meeting your online date for the first time. If you can keep them in mind, you'll be a step ahead in case something is not working as you expect. Good luck in your first real meeting with your online date ;-)
About the Author: Article by Hector Morales, Web content publisher. Visit his web site www.OnlineDatingUpdates.com to learn about other tips such as teen online dating, online dating statistics and other online dating tips.