Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Ten Mistakes Women Make In Relationships With Men
Some women, no matter what type, have a tendency to push a man's button in the beginning of a relationship. Usually leading to the constant question "Where did I go wrong?" There are ways to avoid this, and there are ways to get your questions answered without him even realizing that he is opening up. Which is a subject in itself. I am going to keep this as short, and sweet as possible.
These are ten mistakes women tend to make with their beaus in the beginning, or start of a relationship, that usually gets the break-up ball rolling. These are in no particular order, as they can vary in damage from each man. Just try to make a little note of them, and if you catch yourself in the process of making one, step back and ask yourself if you might regret your actions later on.
1. Ladies, men generally know it is their "responsibility" to make the phone calls. They will call you if they want to talk to you. They will also return calls you have made, if they want to talk to you. Trust in this, if he is into you, he WILL call. If he doesn't, then be over it. You will only annoy him, and there is no turning back from being annoying. This has never failed, and it never will. Unless they are extremely insecure, in which case why would you bother anyway? I know it is hard to fight the urge, but this is worth it in the end.
2. I know it is tempting when your snuggled close together to want to talk about your relationship, and find out where you stand in all this madness. First off, men are more action oriented when it comes to love, the fact he is snuggling with you is his way of showing you he cares about you. Do not ruin it by trying to analyze things. You will find him scooting over and bringing that arm back from around your shoulders post haste. Talking about feelings makes it all too much a reality for a man, and he will close up. You might find a sensitive one here and there, but better safe than sorry.
3. Stop asking questions about his past girlfriends. A question or two about why they broke up is fine, you have a right to know if she tried to kill him. But, too many questions about ex-girlfriends can lead to all sorts of problems, that is including a reconciliation. You get him thinking about those good old days, and she just might be the one he calls tomorrow, instead of you.
4. Make it a habit of stepping outside yourself if you find that you have been babbling on and on. Most men will listen for a while, but when you start going into how you like to dress your cat for the fall season, you might want to just show him Fluffy's wardrobe instead of describing it for two hours.
5. Here's an important one, at least in the beginning, never shed any tears. If you've caught a sad movie, he shall find it endearing, but if you are sobbing because he forgot to hold your hand or kiss you goodbye, you are turning him off for sure.
6. This is an oldie, but a goodie. Do not be so available. If you have been out a few times, the next time he asks, say you have plans. He is not going to give up asking you out because you have a life. Also, if he says he is going out with the boys tell him how cute you think it is, and that you hope they tear it up, and have a wild time. You will score points with this, and he will be thinking about you while he is out. I guess you could say you are putting a little reverse psychology at work here, but this is almost always a fail proof tactic.
7. Okay Ladies, let's talk about Hallmark cards, greeting cards, and just about any card you can think of. (Handmade Included) Unless it's a birthday, in which case, you should get something funny and just sign your name, do not give your guy cards with a short novel written in them, or your latest poetry. This is also including those long drawn out letters. If your far away a letter is okay, but stay away from the hand to hand kind. Every man I know cringes at the thought of these. I know you want to pour your heart out, but it's too much for a man to swallow when you are first starting out. If he sends them to you, then you can send them back to him with no worries. But, this is highly unlikely, I am afraid.
8. Most men know that the "I forgot my (fill in the blank )at your place" trick, is a sham. Unless he has never had any dealings with women, he knows what you are trying to do here. If he wants you to leave your things at his place, he will say " Why don't you just leave some things here?" Otherwise, this can really creep some men out. If it really is an accident, they will know you did not mean it. It's a good idea, though, to check and make sure that you have everything to avoid him from thinking you did it on purpose by mistake.
9. Unless he asks you, DON'T show up at his work. This should be pretty self explanatory. It's a bad idea on so many levels.
10. And finally, do not bring up marriage, and all your hopes for a huge family. If he asks, trust that he is not looking for all the dreams you had when you were 12 years old about your wedding day, and the gown you designed. Do not talk about what your kids would look like, and how you would raise them together to be good caring citizens. If he initiates this kind of talk, then you can play around with the topic, but keep it a fun conversation, or he will be dreading he ever brought it up. Unless your a mail order bride, and going over your arrangements, this is something you should avoid drumming up a conversation about.
These are common mistakes made again, and again. They are made in many different ways, but almost always have the same negative result. The most important thing to remember is that men are different, and they do not move to the same beat as your drum. It's always the best attack to not be like all the other girls who made him uncomfortable, and just let him have a good time. He will quickly open up on his own. The less you force it, the more he opens it.
About the Author: A. Astralis is at Astralis Horoscopes You can read your daily horoscopes for the whole week in advance. Astrology, Numerology, Love Signs, and more.