Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Self Defense-Parking Lot Safety
There is nothing more impressive than shopping in a mega mall with more stores than you can visit in a year. The malls get bigger and bigger every year. With more square footage and more stores comes bigger parking lots. Bigger parking lots mean more and more customers have to park what seems like forever away from the final destination. It is good exercise for sure to make that trek however it is fraught with potential risks among them are theft, vandalism, rape, assault, robbery and even kidnapping.
Unfortunately, predators salivate at the thought of seeing a woman by herself late at night in a near empty parking lot. It is just too much of a temptation. A woman in those circumstances is virtually helpless.
Here are some tips to avoid potential trouble for women's self defense and parking lot safety.
1. Lock your car on arrival. Keyless entry is best for time savings.
2. Park as close to your destination as possible.
3. If help is available, make sure you take advantage of it. Most grocery stores still offer his service.
4. Try making most shopping trips during the day.
5. Be aware of your surroundings. Is the parking lot well lit? Are there areas where a predator could hide?
6. Listen to that inner voice. It is better and wiser to be safe than sorry. If you donít feel comfortable get a manager or security guard to go with you.
7. Upon approaching your car, look around, in, underneath and next to your car. Last week I heard of a woman who had her foot licked by a pervert as she was trying to get into her car. Be suspicious of a van next to your car.
8. Once inside the car, quickly lock all doors. Most people let their guard down once inside their car.
9. If you are alone wait until others walk by and join them.
10. Sorry to say but avoid strangers.
11. Carry some non lethal self defense weapons like a stun gun or pepper spray or some type of personal alarm.
Distractions are plentiful when shopping. It is so easy to become engaged in something else and not be aware of your surroundings. Especially with children, the possibilities of harm seem to grow the further away you are from the store. Be prepared and carry some non lethal self defense weapons like a stun gun or pepper spray. Self defense personal alarms can be useful as well. It is too easy to believe nothing will happen to you.
Remember to trust your judgment-you canít ever be too cautious.
About the Author: His websites
offer unique, hard to find products for self defense, home security and professional high tech surveillance equipment for homes and business.
Check out our new websites: http://www.s-e-l-f-d-e-f-e-n-s-e.com and http://www.p-e-p-p-e-r-s-p-r-a-y.com and http://www.h-o-m-e-s-e-c-u-r-i-t-y.com