Search Engine Optimization Vs Search Engine Marketing.
Confused between the terms "search engine optimization" and "search engine marketing"? There is an important difference between the two.
Difference between SEO and SEM?
The terms "search engine optimization" and "search engine marketing" are often used interchangeably. Itís important to note that these two terms have different meanings.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is actually a part of search engine marketing. SEO is the act of optimizing a website for organic or natural search engine listings. Search engine optimization is the most cost-effective technique in a search engine marketing campaign.
Search engine marketing (SEM) is the process of marketing a website via search engines; using paid or sponsored listings.
A comprehensive search engine marketing campaign includes:
1.Search engine optimization ( on page & off Page)
2.Search engine and directory submissions
3.Paid inclusion and trusted feed programs
4.Paid listing management (pay-per-click)
5.Link popularity / link development
6.ROI and performance monitoring and reporting
Now that you know the difference between the two, another challenge arises is how to choose a good search engine marketing company. The problem is everyone promises to get you in top ten rankings in Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. The question is if they can really do it?
Here is a list of questions you should ask a Search Engine Ranking Company:
1. How long they have been in this business? They should have been established for at least five years.
2. What all search engines do they market for? Make sure that they are offering ranking and marketing services for Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
3. Do they use ethical and safe methods for the search engines? Many search
engine optimization companies use spamming techniques and other methods that can result in your site being banned by the search engines.
4. In what time can you expect rankings? Rankings just don't happen overnight. Typically getting ranked for keyphrases will take from 3 months-1 year
5. What is included in their search engine marketing package? The search engine optimization services should include on page SEO, link building, blog writing, article submissions, and directory submissions.
6. Do they guarantee top rankings? If they say yes, end the call. Top rankings in the search engines cannot be guaranteed
About the Author: jumphigher