SEO - Quick Tips for Instant Results
People ask me on a daily basis how to do a couple of quick fixes which will make their site appear higher in the search results. The type of people that ask me are usually people who have been doing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) themselves but have not had any great success. This article is for people just starting to do SEO or for people who have been doing it for a long time. The tips are easy to implement and anyone who knows a bit about HTML and SEO will be able make the changes easily.
This article will out line a number of “Quick Fixes” which will make your site move up the search results almost immediately.
1) Use H1, H2, H3 tags in your content with your keywords appearing in them.
2) Use Alt Tags in your website; make sure that they include your keywords too.
3) Create fresh content as frequently as possible.
4) Don’t let your keyword density exceed 15%.
5) Make sure you don’t have a slow loading site.
6) No duplicate content, always keep your text original.
7) Make sure your navigation is text based and your site is easy to navigate
8) Have many RELEVANT backlinks to your website.
9) Backlinks should include anchor text that is varied.
10) Don’t link to banned sites or “bad neighbourhoods”
11) Don’t use too much script, make sure your site is content rich.
12) Don’t ever use Frames or Flash.
These tips are suggested for websites that are established already and have some history. New sites should be optimised as they are build and as they are new it will take a while for the search engines to show them in their results. Therefore, any changes made will not have any effect on a new site with no history or backlinks.
It requires great patience to do SEO effectively; the most important factor in SEO is building a good number of backlinks to your site. The backlinks should be from many different sources and be related to your industry in some why. Also, use your keywords in your anchor text – this will make a huge difference.
Chris Angus is a Website promoter and SEO. He is available for hire.
Please contact him at sales(at)brilliantseo.com
Compare Car Insurance
Garage Doors Oxford
About the Author: Chris Angus is a freelance writer and journalist. He is available for hire and website promotion.