These Foods Can Kill Your Dog
All of us are crazy for our pets and keeping them guarded, in good health & content will be very critical. Sometimes it can be extremely difficult to avoid offering the dog some unhealthy grub when we watch them watching us scarf down dinner and begging for a piece. Unfortunately, a good amount of of these meals we are big fans of might be potentially truly poor regarding a k9's internal systems. Most of our canine companions can be quite the pig & swallow just about everything they put in their mouth. Most dogs also are born with an excellent sense of smell so hiding food they should not have just takes them a little more time to find.
At the top of the list of dangerous foods our dogs should not have is chocolate. Research has confirmed that chocolate contains antioxidants that can be good for people humans but might be deadly to your pet. Chocolate is is bad for most pets, including cats, but cats do not aren't keen on the flavor, so cat owners don't have to worry too much. Unfortunately, a large number of dogs are chocoholics.
Theobromine, a compound that is that makes up chocolate, acts as a diuretic & stimulant. The most dangerous forms are cocoa powder, cooking chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and dark chocolate. The least unsafe might be milk chocolate. A poisoned dog may show symptoms of being hyperactive, excited, thirsty, & is prone to excessive urination. It could cause the dogs heart beat irregularly or increase the dog's heart rate. These symptoms would not show up for several hours. Without getting the right medical attention, seizures, cardiac failure, coma or even death could easily result. There are some breeds less prone to chocolate yet never take a chance. If you really want to feed your dog's sweet tooth, some of the treats you can buy are carob treats for pets that might be fully safe and sound but smell and taste like chocolate.
Thiosulfate, discovered in onions & not affected by food processing or cooking, causes hemolytic anemia in both cats and dogs. A small amount occasionally isn't largely an issue but then continuing exposure can be. There are episodes at which small puppies that ate baby food with onion powder have died. Never feed dogs baby food.
Here are other foods that are upsetting to a good deal of dogs:
Coffee - Dangerous effects might be increased heart rate, diarrhea, vomiting, coma or death
Particular Mushroom Types - While taking your pet for a walk be careful if there are wild mushrooms that your dog can eat. A few types can trigger abdominal pain, kidney and liver damage, diarrhea, vomiting or even convulsions & death.
Anti Freeze - Unfortunately, for some rationale dogs love anti freeze. It shuts down the kidneys and often causes death. Make sure you store your anti freeze in a place where pets do not have entrance to it.
Mistletoe - Mistletoe is wonderful for making us kiss but when it comes to pets and cats, it makes them vomit. Dogs could also undergo depression and abdominal pain so keep it out of reach of your pets.
Moth Balls - Naphthalene is toxic to dogs. Found in mothballs, it is capable of leading to vomiting, seizures, diarrhea and anemia.
Never presume that because a food is safe for us to eat, it is safe for your dog to eat additionally.
About the Author: Like this article? Find dozens more like it and shop for upscale pet furniture, dog beds, dog feeders and more at Oh My Dog Supplies - check it out today and register for a 5% off discount!