The keys to successful dating for men
The keys to successful dating for men
Dating is probably one of the most exciting yet daunting adventures any single individual might ever encounter. Traditional datingómeeting up, going out and eating outówith somebody you are interested with can be a challenge as well as a learning experience for everyone.
More than the women, men feel more pressured when going out on a date because they are expected to do almost everything to make the date a success. Since they are the ones who will carry out most of the so-called ďdating tasksĒ here are some tips that can help men go through with the exciting process of dating the girl they are interested with.
BARING THE BASIC DATING ESSENTIALS
Dating can be a daunting task especially for those men who havenít dated for a long time, for those who havenít been successful with women, and even for those guys who are so used to dating without knowing the basic rules in playing the game.
Remember, people need conform the rules whether they like it or not. In the case of dating, there are simple rules that need to be followed to ensure success for both parties.
1. Ensure cleanliness by keeping on eye on your hygiene and style. The worst thing any man can do is to turn up on a date smelling, unshaven, and looking dirty so the first thing you should do is to take a bath, brush your teeth, and shave those stubborn stubbles. Men who do not know how to maintain hygiene are no-nos for the more hygienic sex. So it pays to spray on some decent cologne and gargle before you meet up with your date.
2. Dress up to look your best. Looking your best when you go out on a date gives the idea that you have prepared for the special occasion even if itís only a first date. If you donít have enough dough to buy new shoes or clothes, at least try to wear those decent ones to impress your date.
3. Be on time. The first impression of women is usually based on how much men value their time. If you ask a woman on a date, make sure that you can turn up on time because not doing so will give her the impression that you donít value your word. If you donít want your date to think you are unreliable, try be early or at least on time when going out on a date.
4. Before asking someone out, make sure you have a job to flaunt. Women always find security in men you are secured themselves. Although financial stability is too early to discuss, your current job will give her an idea if you can manage dating her for a long time. Men who have jobs give women the impression that they are ambitious and they have the will to go on top.
5. Do all the necessary preparations. Preparing for things you can say during the date will ensure the easy flow of conversation all throughout. Getting your knowledge levels up and sharing it with your date will definitely make her date interested. The safest topic to discuss includes current events so make sure you watch the news or read quality broadsheets.
6. Know when to stop talking and start listening. Opening up topics for a conversation will pave the way for an interesting intellectual stimulation but you must know when the ice has been broken. After you have given your thoughts on a certain topic, ask her what she thinks and listen to her intently.
7. Issues on bills. The general rule in dating is that whoever asks for that date should pay for it. Since you are the one who asked for and you are the man, then, by all means, you should pay the bill. But if the idea of your paying for the entire bill does not sit well to the woman youíre dating and she insists paying for her own, make a compromise. Suggest that she pays the half and youíll pay for the rest.
8. Being a gentleman pays. Simple things that show your gentleness like holding the door open for her, letting her walk through the door first, and pulling out a chair for her will definitely make an impact on her. Showering her compliments throughout the day will also make her think that you appreciate her efforts of looking good for the date.
9. Watch out for body language. After the date, watch out for her body language before attempting to kiss her goodnight or before trying to seduce her to jump into your bed. Sex on first date is not a good thing unless she wants to. Lastly, donít tell her that youíll call her if you donít have plans of doing so.
10. If you are serious in the woman youíre dating, start learning how to live a healthy life. Smoking and drinking only show irresponsibility and carelessness because you are not taking care of your health.
About the Author: Dr Nathalie Fiset is a family doctor and a certified hypnotherapist. For more information go to: http://www.soulmatestogether.com/personals.html www.aperfectharmony.com or www.a-1hypnosis.com