Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
The History of Chase Field
Formerly known as BankOne Ballpark, Chase Field officially opened itís doors in 1998. Following a merger with BankOne and J.P. Morgan Chase & Company, the stadiumís name officially changed to Chase Field. Itís design was created under the architectural insight of Ellerbe Becket and Bill Johnson and construction began in 1995 by Huber, Hunt & Nichols Inc. Upon itís completion, Chase Field was estimated to have cost between 0-400 million. Of that, 68% was derived from a portion of sales tax and the remaining 32% from the owners of the Arizona Diamondbacks themselves.
In 1998, the Arizona Diamondbacks entered into what would be a very promising year. As they enjoyed competing at their newly constructed stadium, the Diamondbacks went on to win seven Major League Baseball games in a row, which tied them for the record of the longest winning streak in history by any expansion team.
Chase Field features all of the amenities of a modern facility, but with plenty of classic touches as well. A retractable roof is just one of the many innovative ideas found here. According to the agreement between Chase Field and the Arizona Diamondbacks, this MLB expansion team will occupy the stadium for a minimum of 30 years and an additional possibility of a 10 year extension at the request of the Arizona Diamondbacks. A great number of spectators, 48,569 to be exact, can sit back and enjoy the great American game of baseball at Chase Field. Housing 69 luxury suites and six specialty party suites, spectators have found ample space and comfortable seating in the spacious 17,000 sq. ft. facility.
What facility would be complete without a few memorable moments along the way? If history is what you are after, Chase Field has been the home to many of baseballís greatest moments. Among them, Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 of the 2001 World Series with the Arizona Diamondbacks ultimately bringing home the championship. Additionally, Chase Field was the first facility of itís kind to be built with a retractable roof and natural grass. Today, it features a swimming pool, baseball hall of fame memorabilia and a wide selection of food served up from the Front Row Sports Grill. The stadium also features a store with a large variety of baseball memorabilia, including both vintage and current uniforms from all Major League Baseball teams.
Although still young in existence, Chase Field has already inked itís spot in the history books. As the Arizona Diamondbacks became one of the leagueís newest expansion teams in 1998, this facility was built to house their future success. The Diamondbacks call it home and the fans, who never want to miss a minute of the action, call it excitement.
Collectors who wish to request an autograph from any one of the players on the Arizona Diamondbacks roster should send their letter and a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) to:
c/o Arizona Diamondbacks
401 E. Jefferson Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Fans requesting an autograph should limit their request to two items per letter. Popular items to have signed include photos, index or trading cards, baseballs, etc. Patience is key when requesting autographs through the mail, but the best time to reach an athlete is often during the off-season.
About the Author: Read the latest Arizona D'backs news, Arizona Cards news, Washington Nationals and all other baseball news on http://www.sportsnews24h.com/Baseball/Washington-Nationals/