Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
7 Steps for Choosing the Right Wedding Shoes
What girl doesn't love shopping for shoes? Wedding shoes are no different. There are many styles of wedding shoes out there, so let's make sure you pick the right ones!
If you are like most women, on more than one occasion, you have worn a pair of cute strappy heels and hours later, with your feet aching like they never have before, wonder if those shoes were really worth the pain!
You would think that we would have learned from our first aching feet experience. However, more times than not, we do it again!
This is not the position that you want to find yourself, or your feet in, at your wedding! Your wedding is all about comfort! The best part is that you do not have to forfeit style for comfort. The trick is to find shoes that are stylish and comfortable.
Wedding Shoes Tips
1. Never worn heels before? Your wedding day is NOT the day to start! Your feet will be in a state of shock. Try a shoe with a low heel or wear a satin ballerina slipper instead.
2. Buy your shoes early, preferably at the same time or soon after you purchase your wedding dress. You need to know how well they coordinate with your dress. You will also need to take them with you to your tailor so that your dress can be hemmed accordingly.
3. Take into consideration the embellishments on your wedding dress. A rhinestone shoe may not coordinate well with a pearl embellished dress.
4. If you do buy heels, break them in. Do not wait until your wedding day to wear them for an extended period of time. Breaking them in before hand will ensure comfort on your wedding day.
5. Keep your groom in mind! Try not to buy shoes that will leave you towering over him at the altar. It is not considerate nor will it look good in your pictures.
6. If you are on a budget, buying wedding shoes can be a good place to save a few bucks. The majority of wedding dresses worn are floor length. Therefore, wedding shoes are rarely seen anyway. Borrow a pair of wedding shoes or buy an inexpensive pair.
7. Consider purchasing two pairs of shoes. Many brides opt to wear a more comfortable pair of shoes at their receptions.
DIY Tip: Buy a pair of white flip flops and add Swarvoski crystals to the straps. Change into them on the way to your reception and it is comfort all night long!
To tell you the truth....Many bridesmaids often bring comfortable shoes to change into anyway, so why not go along with it?
Whatever pair of wedding shoes you choose make sure that they are comfortable! You don't want to look back on your wedding day and remember how bad your feet hurt!
About the Author: Heather Robinson
For more great wedding planning ideas visit http://www.wedding-planning-resource.com. The Ultimate Guide to Weddings and Wedding Planning.