Free Best Man Speeches
Being selected as best man is an honor that comes with a heavy responsibility - giving a speech. If you're having trouble coming up with your own words, try adapting one of these free best man speeches to the situation of your friends who are marrying.
In picking from the selection of free best man speeches, keep in mind the happy couple, their friends and their families. Your goal is helping them start their new life on the right foot without you being the center of attention. Giving a speech that people remember for years after the wedding might not be a good thing.
- Thanks to all of you for coming today and sharing this special occasion with Jane and Tom. Tom and I have been friends for years and I am so happy to see him marry such a wonderful woman. Ever since Tom met Jane, I've never seen one without the other. Their love for each other has only grown stronger even during tough times. Thank you, Tom, for being such a good friend. I wish you and Jane the best of everything as you share long and happy lives. Cheers!
- Now it is my great honor and privilege to make the first toast to Arnold and Vanessa as husband and wife. While some people know that Arnold and I went to high school and college together, few are aware that we first met while playing Little League baseball in grade school. Arnold played for the Avondale Americans and I played for their arch rival, the Boonetown Buddies. I was pitching during the final game of the season when Arnold hit a grand slam home run. He ran the bases like a demon and scored the winning run, crushing my ego for years.
While that embarassment was temporary, the positive impression Arnold made on me later as a classmate, teammate, roommate and friend will last forever. Arnold has always been there for me. He is honest, caring, thoughtful and an all round great guy. Heck, if I was a woman, we'd be the ones getting married today!
But seriously, I think he's made a much better choice in Vanessa. Let us toast them and wish them a long life together filled with love and laughter. May their joys be many and their sadnesses few. Congratulations!
- After 25 years of sibling rivalry, you can see that my brother has finally figured out who the best man really is. I wish James and Jennifer all the best now and forever. As you go through life together, always love each other, respect each other and be there for each other. Remember to say "I'm sorry" when you mess up and never go to bed angry. Separately, you're both wonderful people, but together you take life to a new level. I love you both. Congratulations!
Short and sweet speeches
Even with the help of these free best man speeches, you may be nervous about speaking in front of a crowd. Maybe picking one of these short and sweet free best man speeches will help you conquer your stage fright because you'll be done almost as soon as you start.
- Today we celebrate all the good things you have found in each other, a best friend, a lover, a teacher, a playmate and a true partner in life. Cheers!
- If things get tough, remember how happy you were today and see each other always in this warm glow of joy. Best wishes to Tony and Amanda!
- If you can find the humor in whatever happens to you, your lives will be full of joy. Congratulations!
- As you go through life, remember that being together makes it all worthwhile. I wish you the best.
- To love, laughter and a happy ever after!
- May your kitchen always be filled with your favorite food and beverages and your bedroom with the warmth of your embraces.
- May your love and friendship grow every day you are together.
- May your lives overflow with love, health and wealth and may you have the time and wisdom to enjoy them all.
About the Author: Jean Feingold is a copywriter for Catalogs.com. Catalogs.com is the Internet's leading source for print and online catalog shopping - and a growing hub of original content and "how to" information at www.catalogs.com.