Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Promote your band with these Marketing Ideas
Promote your band with these new marketing ideas.
This is a paper on how to promote your band, over the past 12 months I have been in contact with a hundreds of bands looking to become famous in LA. Everyone wants to be a overnight hit! Well it all comes down to being discovered! You can be the best band in the world and if you don't market yourself right well good luck! Lets analysis fortune 500 companies. Take a look at there budgets They dump 35% to 65 % or more of their profits back into marketing and advertisements every year. Becoming and remaining number one requires a lot of work. Advancing to more and more new customers not only requires more and more marketing but keeping the old ones happy!
Wanting to Promote your band with Live performances and marketing new ideas well you have come to the right spot.
Once people have bought a bands music CD and their tee shirt, and seen the band live now what? Note, promoting a band is a lot of more then just t-shirts and cds hell anyone can do that! You need to promote your bands music in many ways, just look at fortune 500 companies they email, do giveaways, mini dvd discs promos, cold calling, internet marketing etc. You must do at least 3 forms of promoting to get a response out of your audience. The newsiest one for bands is music mp3 ringtones which we will get into later.
We will go over many ways of promoting your band:
1. Great item that I have seen so far are mini DVD discs called pocketreels. GOTO www.pocketreels.com for more info on how to pick them up. These mini dvds can go a far way just think what people would do if you handed them a mini dvd. They go crazy and they are super impressed! Place a nice music video of your band on it and see how many new customers you receive at your next show!
2. Having a photograph or videoagrapher at your next show will help promote your band. They can take pictures and or videos and upload the images or videos to your website which can boost mailing lists and a fan club! This will compele your fans to come to your next show and bring more friends or soak in the opportunities for fame and the live music experience itself. For video or photographer outlets call PR Productions at 310-694-8350 for CALIFORNIA only. They have the best crews around but they are not cheap. Shoots start at 0 + editing.
3. That brings us to a mailing list, each visitor to your website should have their email address collected. This will enable you to send them useful information like when your next show is going to be.
4. Promoting your band is not easy so do your self a favor and get a good publicist to promote your band. A good one can get you in 3 to 4 magazines and newspapers in one month for free, of course you have to pay the publicist but it will be well worth it. It can range from 0 to 00.
5. Promote your band by creating a really cool website! Check out http://www.royacom.com to make yourself a website with a CMS system. CMS stands for Content Management system A good website will cost: starting at 00 but it will have video, email list generators, photo section and best of all easy management. Or if you want to cheap out just have a myspace site for now.
6. Make a professional music video for your band or gig. This will help with promoting your band. High quality Video can be found at many locations for a crew with experience one west coast call 310-694-8350 for east coast goto the best New york production company click link or goto http://suitespotnyc.com/
7. Saving the best for last Another great way to promote your band is by making a music ringtone, or polyphonic ringtone for example you can download a nickelback ringtone and wow free advertising everytime someone calls that person and bam there is a song on your phone. You need help making your own mp3 or polyphonic ringtone please goto Music Ringtone Central By making a ringtone like nickelback you can have your song ringing all over the world!
Your goal is to continue to reach more and more locals. Develop more ways to attract people's attention. Always have something on you to promote yourself with like the above exmamples of mini dvd discs, music ringtone downloads and flyers!
In an area with one million people, if you are getting less than 100 people to every show, perhaps you could be doing much more to reach more of the people in the community?
Its tough out there, and you must be relentless every day to meet new people, shake hands and hand out your mini DVD discs or if you can't afford mini DVD discs get free business cards by going online to an online print shop like gotprint. Oh and smile at people who are passing by you on the street and in stores when you are out shopping alone or with friends, in bars carousing. Go out and meet new people. Walk up to people, introduce yourself- Hi, my name is Scott I play at ___ ___ place on blank night. What do you do? Here is my promo disc (mini DVD) with my video or here is my business card with my website on it. You can download my music ringtone (or my mp3 ringtone) for free at this address. Hand them a card with the information on it. Note always test all information you hand out before hitting the road. Nothing is worse then a fan going home and trying to download your music ringtone and it not working.
Once or twice a week, you hit Kinko's, or the copier next to your office desk and you photocopy flyers and any designs you've created for promotion of your demos, etc. Better yet think ahead and goto gotprint.com much better deals then Kinko's. (EXAMPLE 5000 post cards for full color first side!)
Remember go armed for battle you would not go into a war forgetting your gun would you? Make sure you have mini dvd discs, your own music ringtone songs, postcards with music info, website and publicist! Good luck and most of all have fun with what you do! BLOG your experience at http://promote-band.blogspot.com Hope all this helps!
About the Author: Masters degree in Business, BS degree in Computer Science. Lived in LA for 2 years doing business consulting for various firms industries include: Utilities, music, video. Currently live in Santa Monica California My blog site is promote band