Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Your Home, You as Source: Home Business and Outsourcing
If you listen to the business news a lot, then you may have encountered the term “outsourcing.” This refers to companies who turn to offshore skilled workers to do work for them. This can save companies money, since they spend little on labor cost, and pay workers only for the work produced.
There are different outsourcing companies, and believe it or not, you can work for them. Whether the companies are based in Europe, Asia, or America, you can communicate with the company via email, get paid via check or money transfer, and earn money by using your home computer. With an Internet connection and your desire to fill up your bank account, you just might succeed.
What kinds of workers are outsourcing companies looking for? What jobs are open?
• If you are skilled at computers, you can serve as an online tutor, or a help desk representative if users inquire about troubleshooting techniques.
• If you are well versed in medical terminology, doctors and veterinarians need medical transcriptionists to help them update their records.
• If you can conduct excellent online searches, you can be hired as an investigator (or background checker) or a part-time researcher.
• If you are willing to stay up and answer phone calls, then you can be part of a call center by working from home. You can be asked to give directions to callers by consulting an online map, or you can even be asked to provide phone numbers or addresses of people living on the other side of the globe!
• If you are a skilled writer, then there are thousands of freelance jobs available, as well as companies looking for ghostwriters for their sites. If you don’t care about articles not carrying your byline, then you can work by writing from home.
If you’ve selected an outsourcing job, then take note of the following survival tips.
• Conduct a thorough search of companies through online search engines. Do a background check on them; and, if you can join forums, find one where people talk about their experiences with outsourcing companies.
• Be clear about how you want to be paid, and be sure that companies have insurance for misdirected checks.
• Don’t overdo your work – unless you have a deadline, don’t stress yourself out. Health always comes first.
Outsourcing not only allows you to work with people from other countries, but it can allow you to earn money from home. As long as you use your skills and know what you are good at, then you can certainly relax, get money, and still stay home.
About the Author: The above article was written by Sarah Miller on behalf of a buzzing online Home Improvement community where homeowners easily and painlessly find the right contractor for their home improvement projects and in turn, contractors can find the right Home Improvement Leads! Also check out the QuoteCity.com Blog for more related Home Improvement Articles and Ideas.