Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
The importance of shareware submission
Submit shareware for higher sales
The first step to increase your shareware sales is submitting your product to the top ranked download sites and directories. You can do this yourself, but beware that it takes time and effort to get listed. The alternative is to request a professional's help. There are many companies offering the service, some are specialized in software submission, others offer several marketing services or even entire ecommerce solutions.
Major advantages of shareware submission:
* More visibility and downloads, which in the end means more shareware sales; * Targeted traffic, one of the main purposes of shareware promotion;
* More back- links and increased link popularity, which enhance your website's page ranking and position in the main search engines;
* Easy way to promote your software - some sites include new shareware submissions in the most visible part of their home page, others may also include these in their newsletters;
* The chance to improve your software, based on users' feedback. Many of these sites and directories provide real-time feedback from users in the form of rates or comments.
For a successful shareware submission focus on the following steps:
* Create a good PAD file. PAD (Portable Application Description) is a new XML - based standard helping authors provide product descriptions and specifications to online sources in a standard way, using a standard data format that will allow webmasters and program librarians to automate program listings.
PAD usage has become very popular because it simplifies the entire submission process - both for authors and webmasters. Basically it allows you to register your programs quickly, using only the URL of the PAD - file.
* Try to find the appropriate category for your site – this will improve your targeting.
* Write a high-quality site description. Some sites require a short description, others a more elaborate one. Be prepared for both situations.
* Provide correct information. Double check any piece of information you submit.
* Get listed in as many download sites and directories as possible.
* Keep track of all the sites and directories you have submitted your software to.
* In order to continually promote your shareware, don't neglect to submit new or modified versions. Many sites sort the information by the date of the last update.
* Analyze the traffic you get from these sites and concentrate on those who really bring you customers.
Shareware submission is all about including your product in as many download sites and directories as possible. Always keep in mind that downloads, targeted traffic and most important, sales, come from a sustained presence on the internet.
Copyright © 2006,
About the Author: Copyright © 2006, www.avangate.com all rights reserved. This article was written by a Web Marketing Specialist at Avangate B.V. Avangate is an eCommerce platform for electronic software distribution incorporating an easy to use and secure online payment system plus additional marketing and sales tools.
Read more software marketing articles and learn how to sell software online.
This article may be reproduced in a website, e-zine, CD-ROM, book, magazine, etc. so long as the above information is included in full, including the link back to this website.