Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Basic Skills You need to get Started Online
Are you E-literate?
With so much happening at lightning speed with the Internet, email ecommerce, and electronic information in general, a sense of "falling behind" has overtaken many people. Though now an integral part of our society, the sheer magnitude of all this new information technology has many people feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and ready to give up.
It's a fact that the majority of people don't know what it takes to survive and thrive in the "eworld" of the new millennium
The first step to "making it" in the electronic age means becoming totally familiar with the basic tools and information distribution equipment of the times.
Step two towards becoming an Electronically Literate Person (ELP) means accepting that the eworld landscape will continue to change at a rapid pace and whining about it won't help.
The final step in attaining ELP status revolves around obtaining certain basic skills which enable you to flours on this ever-changing electronic landscape.
ELP's concern themselves with four areas in gauging their level of literacy and proficiency in the world of "e". All ELPs possess the following skills:
Personal computer Skills
1. Use a computer keyboard and mouse.
2. Install and upgrade software
3. Maintain and update anti-virus software
4. Familiarity with scanners, digital cameras, printers, speakers, cdroms and dvds
5. Save documents, pictures and other data files to disk or cdrom or dvds
1. Basic surfing and navigation
2. Use Search Engines and proper search techniques
3. Download programs, pictures and other files
4. Print web pages
1. Compose, send, receive, organize, save, and print email messages
2. Send, receive and open attachments safely
3. Set up and maintain an email program
4. Manage contacts in the address book
Keep up with the changes
Read about new tools and applications
Learn new skills, take classes
Use and improve skills daily
How do you rate as an ELP?
This article was written by Jim Edwards, author of "Turn words into Traffic" which is a step by step roadmap on how to write articles to bring thousands of new visitors to your website without spending a dime on advertising!
About the Author: http://www.4-better-business.com/default.asp?page=basic_skills.htm