Riddles That Make You Smile
Most riddles are a form of lateral-thinking puzzle. To get them, you have to move laterally in your mind, away from the expected line of thought. This is especially true of funny riddles. What did the others do when the cannibal was late for dinner? They gave him the cold shoulder, of course.
Then there are the riddles that aren't really jokes, but they make you smile when you hear the answer. If a plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada, in which country do they bury the survivors? They don't bury survivors, of course. Laughter is good for the brain. Okay, I am waiting for the research on that, but it will be proven someday.
Oh, and no political jokes here. By the way, do you know what's wrong with political jokes? They get elected! Okay, maybe just that one. Here are a few more riddles that will make you smile.
1. What did the instructor at the school for Kamikaze pilots tell his students?
2. Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister in the state of California?
3. How many times can you subtract 5 from 25?
4. What two things can never be eaten for breakfast?
5. What did the fish say when he ran into a concrete wall?
6. Imagine you are in a sinking boat and surrounded by sharks. How do you survive?
7. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
Answers To The Riddles
1. Watch this closely. I'm only going to do this once.
2. Probably not, since he's dead.
3. Just once, because after you subtract anything from it, it's not 25 anymore.
4. Lunch and Dinner.
6. Just quit imagining!
7. Mount Everest, of course.
About the Author: Copyright Steve Gillman. For more Riddles, and to get the Brain Power Newsletter and other free gifts, visit: