Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Storage Rental Units: Mans Best Friend
Queens Storage rental units are no different than in any other big city. They can be our best friend when is comes to clutter. It does not seem to matter how much we try, maybe its an old antique were going to restore, or that old car or motorcycle that you have not gotten around to. Lets face it, some of us just collect junk and we have to put it somewhere.
And so the mini storage units were born. Like storage rental units around the country, storage rental units can be a godsend. Storage rental units help us to become more organized and in the following we will take a look at what might make this experience as painless as possible.
1) First you need to check your local area for storage rental units for the storage facilities in your local area. I find that the nternet is a great source for finding local units. Once we have located facilities in your area its time to do some investigating.
2) Like most business vying for your business, storage rental facilities work much the same way. Because the storage rental business is so competitive, many storage rental facilities will offer different incentives. Some storage rental businesses will offer one or two months free, free storage locks, or even to free truck to help you move into your unit. If you dont have a truck, this
can be a great benefit.
3) Its now time to decide which storage facility has the best incentives and will best suit your needs. I consider the most arduous task in this process is the paperwork.You will get the feel of buying a car. After you muddle your way through this process, its time to pick a unit that is readily accessible yet will be out of the way of other tenets.
4) You should ask your self the question, do I really need this item? Storage rental units can be expensive real estate so it is important to get rid of any items you might think you can live without. Once you decide what items you can live with you need to determine what size unit you will need.
5) Organization will be the key to getting the most our of your storage unit. Standard size units run 10 X 10 and 10 X 20. Of course units come a little larger and a little smaller but these are the standard sizes. These units will shrink quickly if the proper planning and organization given when packing your unit.
6) When buying real-estate the old axiom is: Location Location Location. When it comes to packing your storage the new axiom is: Organization Organization Organization. Start with packing your most prized items to the back of the unit so if someone manages to get into your unit they will not be as likely to get to your more expensive items. Take care in boxing or bagging your items
carefully to keep them free of dust and debris. Wal-Mart sells big Tupperware bins that seal at a reasonable cost. These bins can also save you items from mice and rats.
7) Lastly, security should be of concern when considering you unit. Try to pick a unit closer to the office in a well lighted area. Doing this will not only help protect your unit but will also protect yourself if your facility stays open later in the evening. Most storage rental companies do not offer insurance for the contents of your unit. However they usually offer you an outside source
where you can insure your belongings. Most facilities will provide you a lock for a minimal charge. I have found these locks to be ideal for the units.
Bottom line is storage rental units can be a great benefit to those of us that have a hard time throwing away items that we think we might need the future. Take your time picking and packing your unit to get the most out of your Queens Storage New York storage rental unit or any other unit you may consider renting.
About the Author: Kenneth L Myers is the author of record for this site. Come visit our site for more information at: