Home Based Business Trends for 2006
Home Based Business Trends for 2006
Copyright © Kenny Anderson
So you want to start your own home based business. Would you be interested in knowing what are the hottest trends for 2006? Well, here are some of the most popular home-based business ideas for 2006. These are all the trendy ideas for this year and would make great investments for a home business.
Making meals from home and delivering them to a customer base is a new and upcoming home business. This is a great home business for the individual that loves to cook and finds themselves cooking for everyone and making food simply because they like too. These types of businesses will do all the work for the customer who has ordered a meal including purchasing the foods, preparation of the meal and will even do the clean up. The customer assembles the meals and puts them in the freezer to eat when they want. They can purchase up to two months supply of meals. Again, this is a great business for the individual who loves to cook. Most Americans spend the majority of their time eating outside the home and very rarely do they take the time to cook anymore and this has allowed businesses to capitalize on the market of providing home-cooked meals for families that would prefer eating at home, but just do not want to do the work of cooking the meals. This trend is particularly popular in families where both parents are working or in homes where there are single professional men or women. Many individuals believe this new type of business venture will be here for a long time and is not simply a passing fad that will fade with time.
Creating a home business based on everyone's love of pets is a new and very popular home business venture. A Pet-based home business can entail everything from pet sitting, to walking and training pets, and providing supplies and toys for pet owners. More than 60 million American homes have pets and that is a huge market for a home-based business on any level. Most pet owners will spoil those beloved animals with anything that they find is cute, fun, and practical. A great new home based business trend for 2006.
Another great home business that is soaring is specialty services for kids' that include fitness training, art classes, even science projects. Parents are willing to pay for specialty services that their child can be involved in that are apart from team sports. Parents like to give their children a variety, which makes the home business geared towards services that are specialized for kids' enjoyment a huge success. This type of business can even include tutoring for children who have special needs in certain areas of the school curriculum as well as fitness and weight loss education.
Another niche for the home business in 2006 that is growing rapidly is providing home improvement to customers. Many people will pay someone to come in and do minor repairs or hauling away items from their home. You might be surprised how hard it is to find good, reliable handymen and women these days or what we used to call the junk truck when I was growing up. Sometimes those items are not worthy to be put on the curb with the trash but are more appropriate for resell and/or donation to the charity of your choice. A great home business idea for retirees or someone who owns a truck.
Now, the following fourteen home-based business ideas are some of the more unique home-based business trends for 2006. We are going to go through these quickly so get ready. Here they are:
1. Tea: This is one the hottest trends out there. Teas are offered in organic brands, mixes, and in individual bags. The health benefits alone will give you content to drive business your way.
2. Online Specialty Foods: Many people are just not interested in hamburgers and hotdogs anymore. I am not one of them. But for some people, they want specialty dishes and recipes that they don't have to leave their homes for.
3. Do-it-Yourself Meal Preparation: In the day and age where we want it all and we want it now, there is this new way to get all your meals done for the month. Consumers pay to learn how to make a month worth of meals that are healthy and that they can freeze. This will save them tons of preparation time each night and make dining easy.
4. One-Product Restaurants: This is an interesting new trend that capitalizes on focusing on one specific type of food in its many variations. Sounds crazy but this idea is generating millions of dollars.
5. Chocolate Cafes: We all love chocolate and just can't resist. You can eat your profits all the way to the bank with this new enterprise.
6. Shredding: In the day of identity theft, a home-based shredding company can be a very good business. Not only does this promote safety but can help the environment and your community.
7. ID Theft Prevention and Recovery: The rise in identity theft can offer many business opportunities. Providing safety for a fee is the way to go in this market.
8. Hosted Security Provider: Get paid to keep other people's web sites free from hackers, spyware, Trojans, worms, and viruses. Many don't have the time to do it themselves so you can do it for them.
9. Data Backup: Help others to back up all their data so they can retrieve it later if need be.
10. Surveillance Camera: These are a hot item these days to be selling. With all the crazy people out there today every business can use one.
11. Mobil Ad-Ons: This is one of the biggest of the big markets. Providing wireless users with toys for their cell phones.
12. Aftermarket Accessories: This gives consumers new and fun items to spruce up their cell phones, iPods, and any other gadget they have.
13. Home Staging: You can showcase a property that will increase the value to its owners and put lots of cash in your pocket.
14. Senior Retrofitting: This will capitalize on the idea that older people will want to have their home remodeled to fit their needs for the rest of their lives instead of selling.
These are some of the new and exciting home-based business trends for 2006. Find one that best fits your skills, personality and pocketbook and get onboard the rapidly expanding home based business market.
About the Author: Mr. Kenny Anderson is a Principal at Tiger Trade, LLC
a subsidiary of Goeins-Williams Associates, Inc. of Wilmington, DE
and Aurora, CO. A graduate of the United States Naval Academy
at Annapolis, MD, Kenny is a “Netpreneur” currently marketing and managing
a number of successful home based affiliate programs. Internet Secrets Revealed
in Free 325 Page EBook at : http://www.TigerTradeLLC.com/dotcomology.html