One of the greatest tests of modern life… or is it?
Flat pack furniture now comes in a wide variety of clean, simply designed stylish shapes. Cheap flat pack furniture doesn’t have to be just seen in student rentals anymore, they provide a cost effective way to create a comfortable home, whatever your budget. Flat pack furniture has had a variety of images over the last 50 years, with many feeling the greatest test is putting the stuff together, but look closely and it is hard not to see the benefits.
-Flat packed furniture is often more affordable, than pre-assembled furniture. These low prices result not just from the manufacturer’s savings on the assembly costs but also from efficient storage and transportation that flat pack furniture can have. These savings are then passed on to customers.
- Transporting the items can be done much more conveniently, especially if you move house, the items can be taken apart and resembled in the desired location.
- Not only is the cheaper self-assembly option now regarded as normal with consumers clearly prepared to build flat pack furniture at home, it offers the immediacy that waiting for delivery of big-ticket ready-assembled furniture pieces cannot.
- The fact that these pieces of furniture come as flat pack enables you to get wardrobes up stairs and chest of drawers into attic spaces, where it would otherwise be impossible for such items.
- Many people find assembly process easy, indeed, over one in three (36%) adults are happy to assemble furniture themselves and while in 1997 self-assembly accounted for just over a fifth (22%) of the dining room furniture market, it now makes up almost a third (30%) of sales.(Mintel)
- Even if you don’t like assembling flat pack furniture there are companies dedicated to erecting your it all for you.
People tend to get in a panic simply by opening the box and seeing all the bits tumble out. More than 40 per cent of people who assemble flat-pack furniture lose their temper before finishing the job. Research, led by Dr Miles Richardson of Derby University, questioned 1,295 people who had attempted to build anything from shelving units to coffee tables. The results showed that 67 per cent admitted getting into difficulty, 33 per cent misread or misunderstood the instructions and 13 per cent managed to damage the item before they finished constructing it.
The key is patience. The instructions are not there to fool you. They will work if followed slowly and carefully.
Purchase off the Internet
-Purchasing flat pack furniture over the Internet is the latest way to avoid those hazardous experiences to furniture outlets – especially for those without a car!
-View your furniture online and it will arrive on your doorstep. A hassle free way to get a wardrobe, bed, chest of drawers into your home at an affordable cost.
-With competition on the Internet intensifying there are hundreds of deals to be had with many now offering free delivery.
To purchase quality home interior furniture– many available as convenient flat packs visit http://www.yourshowhome.co.uk
About the Author: yourshowhome.co.uk