Types of stands - A keyboard stand is an important accessory to have because of these important reasons -
• You can adjust the height at which you need your keyboard
• You can fold it and easily carry it around
As a beginner you might be tempted to avoid buying a stand but I would recommend that you buy one as it helps you to maintain a correct posture since you can adjust its height. Besides, it does not cost much and it can be folded making it easier to carry around.
Things to look for
When looking for a stand you need to take into account a couple of important factors:
• Your keyboard’s weight - A stage Piano is a lot heavier than an arranger keyboard
• Do you use more than one keyboard? Is yes, you need a multi-tier stand
• Is the stand easy to carry around?
Types of stands
There are a lot of models available, the most popular being the X stands, which a lot of first timers buy. There are a lot of other types as well, most of them used by professionals. Some of the types of stands are: X stands, Double Brace X stands, Z stand, Apex stand, Spider stands, and V stands.
The lower end models, like the X-stands, are designed to hold keyboards which are light and weighing around 100-130 pounds. For the heavier models, sturdier stands like the Z stands can be used. All these stands come with a Secure-Lock feature which lets you do the height changes safely.
About the Author: Regards
"Useful information to help you become a better musician"