Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Nicholas Ahern is an expert in skin care and the webmaster of AcneFreeForever.com. Get free tips and info on acne care at http://www.acnefreeforever.com
Are you looking for acne solutions that really work? The good news is,
whether you're a teenager or an adult suffering from acne, you don't have to
live with it. Here you can find 10 super easy and effective ways to get rid of
1. Do not pick, press or rub your pimples. These actions actually
increase the sebum production and rupture the membranes below your skin. The
infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and cause more pimples.
Also, you risk increasing the chances of leaving scars on your face.
2. Wash your face twice a day using a mild soup. It is even better if you
can buy sulfur-based soap especially for acne. If your skin is too oily, use a
soap with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use rough sponges, brushes, or anything
similar on your face. You shouldn't, however, over-wash your face because it
will actually stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will
increase your acne.
3. Check if it is because of the food. For many people, food allergy can
cause very serious acne condition. You should avoid eating too much oily and
spicy food. Recent studies have shown that acne can also be caused by milk which
contains hormones as well as seafood with relatively high levels of iodine. If
possible, cut down on those foods. Other foods you may consider avoiding are:
sugar, dairy products, deep-fried food, meat, nut butters, etc. On the other
hand, it is believed that green vegetables, vegetable juices and foods rich in
zinc can help alleviate acne condition.
4. Drink more water every day. "Eight glasses of water a day can keep
acne away." says Jennifer Thoden, a respected acne expert. The reason is that
water can carry waste material out of our body and it really helps heal and
prevent acne flare-ups.
5. Do not wear makeup if possible. Makeup products can clog your pores,
cause more blackheads and pimples. If you have to wear makeup, make sure it is
water-based. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes regularly and cleanse your
skin before you sleep.
6. Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as hair pomades, intense
oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers.
7. Keep your face clean. Do not rest your chin on your hands or
constantly touch your face. Regular shampoo your hair and keep it off your face,
especially when you sleep.
8. Exercise moderately as it helps in blood circulation and elimination
9. Stay stress-free. Studies have shown that stress not only worsens acne
flare-up, it also worsens the overall skin condition. Talk to your friends,
listen to your favorite music, or take a walk in the park. There are many things
you can do to be stress free.
10. Get Sunshine and fresh air. Sunshine stimulates vitamin D in the
body, an essential vitamin for healthy skin. Fresh air and sunshine can also
reduce stress (tip #9) and increase oxygen to the skin. Don't get burnt in the
sun though. Burnt and heavily tanned skin forms a layer on the skin that doesn't
exfoliate quickly enough and can lead to blocked pores.
About the Author: Nicholas Ahern is an expert in skin care and the webmaster of AcneFreeForever.com. Get free tips and info on acne care at http://www.acnefreeforever.com