Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Nine Important Questions To Ask Your Eye Surgeon
Generally speaking, LASIK is a safe and efficacious refractive surgery procedure and the choice of millions. With the technologically advanced and sophisticated equipment at its disposal, LASIK is safer than ever. But, it’s a surgical procedure all the same. And the success of any surgical technique depends as much on the equipment as it does on the finesse of the surgeon.
Thus it is imperative that you ensure that your chosen surgeon is an expert in the field with loads of experience. You could ask the surgeon the following list of rather tough questions that would help you glean the much needed information about the surgeon’s efficacy – look out for the responses we suggest you should hear.
1. How long have you been performing LASIK surgery? – Not less than 3 years.
2. How many total procedures have you accomplished? – At least 500.
3. How many LASIK procedures have you performed, which match the exact condition as mine? – At least 100
4. What percent of your LASIK patients attain Snellen Uncorrected Visual Acuity (UCVA) of 20/40 or better? – 90% is the norm. Anything higher than that must be questioned for proof.
5. What percent of your LASIK patients attain Snellen UCVA of 20/20 or better? – Around 50% is the standard. If you have high diopters of myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism, expect the chances of 20/20 vision to be lower than the standard.
6. What percent of your LASIK patients suffer from LASIK complications even six months after surgery? – Less than 3% is plausible. If the surgeon asserts that the complication rate is a zilch, don’t consider the surgeon to be credible and move over for a second opinion.
7. What percent of your LASIK patients have had enhancement surgeries? Ask the reason why the surgeon carried out such enhancements – Less than 10% is viable but the main concern is the reason for enhancement rather than the mere percentage.
8. Have you ever had your license to perform LASIK surgery being revoked or suspended? – The answer should be a definite NO.
9. How often will you perform postoperative examinations? – Regular checkups up to six months after surgery would typically suffice.
There are a host of other questions that you may ask your LASIK surgeon. However, the ones listed above would be sufficient to judge a surgeon’s efficacy in the field.
If you find a LASIK surgeon that you are confident with, you will be able to get more information about LASIK laser eye surgery.
About the Author: The LASIK Surgeons Directory - find a LASIK surgeon. Nicola Kennedy publishes articles and reports, provides news and views about LASIK laser eye surgery at Your Lasik Information.
This article may be reprinted in full so long as the resource box and the live links are included intact. All rights reserved. Copyright Your-LASIK.info