Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
How to PUMP IT UP! Body Building 101
Bodybuilding is the process of developing muscle fibres through the combination of weight training, increased caloric intake, and rest. A person who engages in this activity is referred to as a bodybuilder.
As a sport, bodybuilders display their physiques to a panel of judges, who assign points based on their aesthetic appearance. Bodybuilding has contributed to the success of many public figures worldwide.
Few steps to accomplish body building goals
One of the keys to achieving great results from one’s bodybuilding program is to possess a strong motivation.
A strong motivation enables a person to be determined enough to follow the bodybuilding program regardless of any obstacles that may come along the way. It also enables a person to have the laser guided focus needed to achieve the desired bodybuilding goals.
1. Set realistic and measurable goals and attack them with the right mindset. Aim high but be realistic.
2. Select a training routine There are many factors to consider when choosing a training routine:
A) Training experience – How long you have been training for; are you a beginner, intermediate or advanced athlete?
B) Your training goals – Are you looking at fat loss with moderate muscle gain or are you looking to gain muscle exclusively? Or are you training for a bodybuilding competition?
C) The amount of time that you can devote to bodybuilding training – Can you train 3 days, 4 days, 5 days or 6 days? If the goal is bodybuilding competition, will you be able to train everyday?
Once you consider those factors, then you can feel free to select any of the routines down below and perhaps you can work on adapting them to your schedule
3. Select a nutrition program that is designed to support your goals. Your nutrition program has to be properly designed to support your bodybuilding goals. The important role of nutrition in building muscle and losing fat means bodybuilders may consume a wide variety of dietary supplements. Commonly used products include: protein powders; creatine; vitamin and mineral formulations; essential fatty acid; amino acids; glucosamine and/or chondroitin; MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and thermogenics.
4. Use bodybuilding supplements to help you attain your goals. The amount of supplementation that used should depend mainly on your goals, as to how serious one is about the bodybuilding program and finally your budget.
5. Do not neglect the important aspect of rest and recovery. Although muscle stimulation occurs in the gym lifting weights, muscle growth occurs afterward during rest. Without adequate rest and sleep, muscles do not have an opportunity to recover and build. You need 7 - 9 hours of sleep each night in order for your body to run efficiently. Deprive your body of sleep and you'll have lousy fat loss. As a bonus, you also get muscle loss, which in turn lowers your metabolism.
About the Author: Roderick Corkern is an active fitness and exercise equipment expert with over 16 years of helping people overcome fitness issues and teaching them to integrate exercise into their life.