Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Alternative Tinnitus Treatment
Alternative Tinnitis Treatments
Studies suggest that tinnitus is a disorder that is not curable. There are many other alternative tinnitus treatment therapies that have been tried in an effort to find some relief for this debilitatiing affliction known as tinnitis which affects about 50 million people in the US alone.
There are many alternative treatments for tinnitus options available to the tinnitus sufferer today and we list some of them below:
1. Acupressure: this is a science that was developed by Chinese and using this pressure on the certain points of the body is thought to help decreasing the level of tinnitus.
2. Alexander Technique (This is not really an alternative treatment for tinnitus): this is an approach in which the patient is given postural training of the neck. By this method the flow of blood to the ear is vastly improved.
3. Aromatherapy: The tinnitus relief comes about from the stress relieving effects of the aromatherapy.
4. Biofeedback: this method helps in easing stress in the patient. In this one is trained to relax the forehead muscles which tighten during times of stress. Sufferers are also sometimes told to warm their hands and feet.
5. Deep Breathing: This method helps to relieve the tinnitus by relaxing the sufferer.
6. Chiropractic: it is a treatment that relaxes the neck and improves circulation to the ears that can be helpful in some cases of tinnitus.
7. Diet, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements: It is important that the patient who is suffering from tinnitus is given nutritive diet along with some vitamin supplements.
8. Lifestyle: it is also recommended by the doctors for the tinnitus sufferer to engage in regular exercise which will help increasing blood circulation to the ears. This is excellent advice and has proven to be one of the most effective alternative treatments for tinnitus. As a result, tinnitus relief is often achieved.
The aerobic exercises that are recommended are biking, jogging, swimming, fast walking, or some aerobic activity. In the beginning, one may experience that the tinnitus is getting worse but it will gradually lessen.
9. Massage: in many cases of tinnitis massage really has shown excellent results. One is asked to hold the ears close to the head and use the thumbs and index fingers to massage the outer edges of both ears, including the earlobes.
10. Meditation: Meditation methods help relax the body and mind and can have positive tinnitus reduction effects.
11.Reflexology: when one is tired and stressed out tinnitus is at it's worst and reflexology will help with relaxation methods which in turn lead to a lowering of the tinnitus noises.
12.Psychotherapy and Spiritual Therapy: Holistic methods are a powerful technique for tinnitus reduction and many report good results with this type of approach.
13. Homeopathic tinnitus treatments: It is an acknowledged fact that the only successful treatments for tinnitus currently are alternative treatment methods for tinnitus.
Out of the current alternative treatments availlable, homeopathic tinnitus treatments are by far the most popular and successful of all alternative treatments for tinnitus.
Homeopathy is fast becoming the treatment of choice for many afflictions such as tinnitis and is a dependable alternative treatment for tinnitus. If taken at the stated dosage homeopathic tinnitus treatments do not have any side effects and have a long and proven history of successfully relieving tinnitus.
It is actually baffling that no prescription drug has been developed to treat tinnitus and as long as that situation continues, alternative treatments for tinnitus are really the only viable and safe method currently available.
About the Author: John and Ellen Currie have been providing free tinnitis counselling, assistance and offering alternative treatments for tinnitis via their website since 1999.