Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Alternative Treatment for Tinnitus
Alternative treatments for tinnitis
Conventional wisdom says that there is no cure for tinnitus. There are many other alternative tinnitis treatment methods that have been tried with regard to finding some relief for this debilitatiing condition known as tinnitus which affects about 50 million people in the US alone.
There are many alternative treatments for tinnitus options available to the tinnitus sufferer today and we list some of them below:
1. Acupressure: this is a science that was originated by Chinese and using this pressure on the certain points of the body is thought to help decreasing the level of tinnitus.
2. The Alexander Technique (This is not really an alternative treatment for tinnitus): Here the tinnitis patient is taught posture and other techniques aimed at improving blood flow to the ears which is thought to relieve the symptoms of tinnitus.
3. Aromatherapy: today aromatherapy treats many patients as it really helps in reducing the tinnitus.
4. Biofeedback: Biofeedback is a method where people are taught to improve their health by using communications from their own bodies.
5. Deep Breathing: this is helpful in relaxation and in minimizing the stress. It is advised to take 175 deep breaths constantly every hour until tinnitus relief happens.
6. Chiropractic: This helps to improve blood supply to the head and ears which can help with tinnitus in certain individuals.
7. Diet, Vitamin and Nutritional Supplements: diets play a key role in the alternative treatment of tinnitus and vitamin and nutritional supplements help keep your immune system in shape.
8. Lifestyle: tinnitis sufferers should execise regularly to help increase blood supply to to the head.
The aerobic exercises that are recommended are fast walking, swimming, or some aerobic activityjogging, biking, . In the beginning, one may experience that the tinnitus is getting worse but it will gradually lessen.
9. Massage: massaging for tinnitis has been found to be extremely effective. Relief is obtained by using the thumb and index fingers to gently massage the earlobes and edge of the ears.
10. Meditation: it is basically a mind over body technique which helps improving tinnitus as one relaxes and try to concentrate on some other thing other than the symptoms.
11.Reflexology: when one is tired and stressed out tinnitus is at it's worst and reflexology will help with relaxation techniques which in turn lead to a lowering of the tinnitus noises.
12.Psychotherapy and Spiritual Therapy: Tinnitus is said to be relieved in many cases by sufferers who adopt such holistic approaches to dealing with the condition.
13. Homeopathic tinnitus treatments: At this stage the only really effective remedy for tinnitus is in fact alternative treatments for tinnitus.
Of these, homeopathic tinnitus remedies are by far the most popular and successful of all alternative treatments for tinnitus.
For many conditions such as tinnitus, homeopathy is fast being acknowledgedaccepted as the only safe treatment that brings about positive results. If taken at the stated dosage homeopathic tinnitus treatments do not have any side effects and have a long and proven history of successfully relieving tinnitus.
It is actually baffling that no prescription drug has been developed to treat tinnitus and as long as that situation continues, alternative treatments for tinnitus are really the only feasible and safe method currently available.
About the Author: John and Ellen Currie have been providing free tinnitis counselling, assistance and offering alternative treatments for tinnitis online since 1999.