Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Tummy Tuck Cost Ė Is it Affordable?
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, as it is known in medical terms is the best possible way to shape up your lower stomach when excessive fat accumulates around the lower abdominal muscles and it looses its elasticity. There are different types of tummy tucks for different cases. Some involve mild shaping up while other may require a complete operation for removal of the excessive fat and skin, tightening up the abdominal muscles and repositioning the naval.
Stats show that more and more people are opting for a tummy tuck, which is not only safe but also more affordable now (the cost is being reduced). Majority of people who delay tummy tuck do so because of the cost factor. The cost is high and usually between 00 and 00 for a tummy tuck, the cost depends upon the reputation of team you hire, length and complexity of the procedure along with the ancillary costs associated with the tummy tuck. The various factors which are effective in determining the cost for a tummy tuck are:
1. Surgeonís Fees: the cost depends on the tummy tuck surgeonís reputation.
2. Medical Tests cost: tests you need to undergo, before the actual operation, to be declared fit for the operation.
3. Operation Room Fees: a mild shapeup can be performed within a surgeonís operation theatre while a major tummy tuck has to be performed in a hospital.
4. Anesthesiologist fees: depends on the team you are hiring.
5. Room/bed cost: If the tummy tuck was lengthy, complex and the surgeons believe that you have to be kept under medical supervision youíll have to pay for the room/bed fees as well.
6. Post surgery cost: expenditures on post surgery medical prescription and specially designed compression garments.
A tummy tuck is more affordable today due to a number of reasons, first and foremost is that most of the surgeons are offering financing options. Insurance agencies may not cover the complete cost of a tummy tuck but certain procedures involved in the operation may be covered by your insurance policy. Most of the surgeons may refer you to professional financial advisors who offer financial advice, in some cases these advisors can prove that the tummy tuck is a medical necessity, in such a case your insurance carrier will have to cover the cost of the entire operation.
You may also want to talk to your insurance agency, informing them of your decision of to undergo tummy tuck surgery, as it may increase the cost of future premiums.
About the Author: Want to know more about Tummy Tucks, feel free to visit us at: Tummy Tuck Info & Resources