Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Neem Uses and Benefits
Neem needs no introduction in today’s world. A very famous herb of India with worldwide fame and having magical properties known for its miraculous medicinal values from past 5000 years. Neem is known as free tree of India as it is found almost everywhere in India. It is considered as a magic tree, which has properties that not only relieves but also cures from illness. Neem tree is commonly known as margosa tree in English language and Azadirachta indica in biological terms. It is part of every Indian home due to its great application and hence is considered as a place of worship.
Margosa tree attains a maximum height of 40 to 50 fts. It is an evergreen tree whose branches spread all over. It is a very densely crowned tree, which may reach to a diameter of 30 to 40 fts. The trunk is relatively straight. Bark is thick and rough with whitish to reddish brown in appearance. A fluid called neera excrudes out of the bark. Leaves are pinnate 12 to 15 inch long with about 20 to 31 green colored leaflets, which are about 3 to 5 cm in length. Flowers are small and white in colour that blossom in spring i.e. February to march. Fruits are oval in appearance green in colour, when in raw form and turns pale yellow when it ripes. Every fruit contains one seed, which contain oil. Neem tree fruits in summers i.e. in May to July. Neem has been used as pesticide since early ages because of its remarkable property of fighting away with pest and microorganism, that are supposed to be harmful for agricultural and homely purpose and hence makes neem the most wonderful partner of human in his evolution.
Margosa tree possesses the sheet (cold) virya potency. It contains tickt and kashaya rasa, it possesses the laghu (light) gunna (property). Combination of these makes neem a unique herb. Due to tickt rasa it suppresses kapha and due to sheet virya potency it suppresses pitta dosha. Chemically neem contains complex compounds called triterpenes, limonoids, nonterpenoids, hexanortriterpenoids, and pentattriterpenoids. The most important active ingredient of neem is azadirachitin, which makes neem possess the power, what it projects in its usage. Every part of the plant is used i.e. flower, leaves, bark, seed, oil, branches and the excludant called neera, which flows out of the bark
Neem is a multipurpose herb, which is recommended in every type of ailment. Following are the wonders of neem, which ayurveda has to offer to this world and modern life style of living.
· Neem act as anti bacterial, anti parasitic, anti fungal, anti protozoal and anti viral thus helps in protection from all the microorganisms, which are always ready to invade in our body causing serious ailments.
· Local application of neem powder or neem oil has miraculous results. As it is a famous anti microbial herb, it renders all the microorganisms inactive therefore helping in proper healing of wound without causing any infections and septic conditions.
· Taking bath of neem leaves water is a very common sight in Indian homes that helps our body to counter mild infections, which our body might get in day-to-day activity.
· Its tropical application makes us relieved from acne, eczema and even ringworms
· In skin related diseases, neem works as blessing of God on mankind. It has an action on almost every kind of skin disease thus making its indication in eradicating every kind of itch, rash, infection and allergy.
· Neem water is extensively used in burn injuries, thus to protect them from any kind of infection and also promote healing.
· Neem oil is extensively used in hair fall and early graying of hairs with very satisfying results. It also find its application in dandruff and in lice growth
· Its local application on arthritic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Osteoarthritis, lower back pain, and musculo skeletal pains is highly recommended with good results
· Due to presence of tickt rasa it is beneficial in indigestion, constipation and restoring taste of mouth.
· It helps in fighting with the intestinal worms there by act as a deworming agent
· It is highly recommended in hyperacidity and epigastric pain as it suppresses pitta that is the main culprit in the aggravation of such illness.
· Good results have also been seen in gastritis
· Widely and extensively used as blood purifier as it possess the properties like tickt rasa which helps in detoxifying any toxins floating in our blood stream which may lead to illness.
· It gives wonderful results in diabetes incipidus and diabetes mellitus due to presence of tickt rasa.
· It is very helpful in curing urinary tract infection
· It stimulates liver for proper functioning therefore helps in maintaining proper secretions of liver
· It acts on all kinds of skin disorders and provides great relief.
· It works as an anti inflammatory and pain relieving agent
· It also helps in suppressing extra heat generated in body due to any reason thus helps in maintaing normal condition in hyperthermia. Very useful in suppressing fever.
· Anti malarial action of neem has also been seen
· Since old times neem leaves have been used as an agent that helps in increasing vision as it helps in suppressing kapha disorders thus releasing congestion on eyeballs caused due to mucus accumulation in sinuses.
· Coughing is relieved by use of neem water
· It helps in reducing excess micturation
· It has given very good results in diseases like gonorrhea and syphilis
· It works as an immunoboosting agent therefore making our immune system very strong and efficient to fight against any foreign invasion making our body strong and disease free.
About the Author: More on Neem Uses and Neem Benefits
Also read more about Beautiful breast - Natural Beautiful Breast Care Guide