Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Terminalia Arjuna - Heart Tonic
Terminalia Arjuna is an herb that has proven its worth in heart related illness. No matter what kind of heart disease a person suffers from, it is given blindly in any of the heart diseases to derive benefit. Arjuna is powerful heart stimulant, which has a sure shot effect on heart ailments.
A very commonly seen tree in India, and is available everywhere. A tree that can reach a height of about 60 – 80 ft has a trunk, which is smooth in texture with white appearance from out side and reddish from inside. Plant part used is bark. It is usually founding abundance in places near Himalayan region, on the banks of river or the area well connected with underground water system.
Arjuna possesses sheet virya i.e. cold potency. It possesses laghu (light) and ruksh (dry) properties. It has abundance of kashaya (astringent) Rasa. The extracts from the bark contains arjunetosides, arjunetin, fridelin, triterpene glycoside, oleanolic and arjunic acids and cardenolide. Besides this there is presence of tannins, calcium, magnesium and aluminium. Antioxidants like flavones tannins, oligomric proanthocyanidins are also present.
Due to presence of kashaya, laghu, ruksh properties it suppresses kapha. As the herb is sheet virya i.e. of cold potency, it is helpful in suppressing pitta. Therefore it is really beneficial in disorders caused by kapha and pitta aggravation.
Role of Arjuna in heart related disorders.
· By regular use of Arjuna it has been seen that it provides a significant cardiac protection in myocardial infarction commonly known as heart attack.
· It has also been found that it helps in vasodilatation of blood vessels in chronic smokers.
· It has been seen that Arjuna is of great benefit in lowering cholesterol levels and then maintain it to normal levels.
· Wonderful results have also been seen in patients suffering from ischaemic heart disease.
· It has also proved its presence in patients who suffers from angina.
· It helps in dissolving the plaque formed in the arteries therefore gives a benefit in artheosclerosis.
· Significant decrease in blood pressure has also been seen in patients who suffer from hypertension and by regular use of Arjuna has derived great benefits out of it.
· It nourishes heart muscles, which is very helpful in regular expansion and contraction of heart.
· It helps in both vasoconstriction as well as vasodilatation that make the vessels flexible there by making it very much helpful for proper functioning of circulatory system.
· It helps in marinating normal density of blood thereby avoiding all the risk factors to heart.
Till now you just have read on action of Arjuna on heart related ailments but ayurveda has mentioned many other actions of Arjuna. Following are the important actions that Arjuna has on our bodies.
· It works as wonderful wound healer. It has been used extensively by ayurvedic doctors to treat and heal fractures of bones, ligaments, and muscular sprains etc. Local applications on these kinds of problems give very satisfying results.
· A very good remedy in applying it locally on burned area, with excellent curing power.
· It has been used in wounds and injuries to prevent blood loss as it helps in clot formations.
· As is very helpful in dysentery i.e. bloody diarrhea.
· It has been found very useful in tubercular cough by stopping blood in cough and healing the ruptured arteries in lungs.
· It has also been found really effective in epistaxis and hemorrhages.
· Good results have also been seen in gonorrhea.
· It helps in suppressing painful micturation and maintains normal urine flow.
· Very good remedy in leucorrhoea as it possesses the properties that are helpful in curbing aggravating kapha and leucorrhoea, as it is a disease that is caused by kapha imbalance.
· It also acts as antipyretic therefore finds its use in bringing back the body temperature to normal.
· It works as a wonderful antioxidant therefore helps in stopping early aging signs and helps in maintaing youth.
· Helps in regaining strength and removes general body weakness.
So from now stop thinking Arjuna as only the best remedy for heart related ailments but also considered it as a divine power that will treat all your problems.
About the Author: More on Terminalia Arjuna, Heart Tonic
Also read more about Beautiful breast - Natural Beautiful Breast Care Guide