Make Allergy Triggers Disappear Part -1
One effective way of providing relief for a child or anyone with allergies or asthma is to control the triggers that could cause an allergic episode. When many people speak of allergies it's done in the context of being allergic to a certain thing like the lawn or a certain food. While it's true that someone can be allergic to a specific food or environmental aspect, it's important to remember that most people with allergies have a compromised respiratory system. Many people have allergies and asthma, that are aggravated by things generally found in the environment. By controlling the potential allergy and asthma triggers at home, you're making a better living environment for anyone with a respiratory disorder.
One of the most common problems that can cause an asthma or allergy attack is dust. The first place to check for this problem is in your furnace. Take the time to replace the small particulate filters in your furnace and air-conditioning unit at least once a month. Don't buy the under a dollar filters, as they will only trap the largest of dirt and dust particles. Spend the extra money and get a high quality filter for your furnace. These can be easily identified by sight as they look more like fabric than the cheap filters.
Consider getting a whole house humidifier. A humidifier senses the amount of water in the air and adds moisture as necessary. Air that is too dry and irritate airways and bronchial passages making them more susceptible and likely to cause an allergic event. Or look of humidity, somewhere between 30 to 50% is ideal. If you don't have a forced their furnace or can't afford the expense of a whole house humidifier, consider several portable room type humidifiers for your home. By placing them at strategic locations you can make the living areas an allergy or asthma sufferer uses much more comfortable for them. You will probably find that everyone will benefit from taking the extra time to control the humidity in your home.
In areas of high humidity, you may actually need a dehumidifier. While not having enough moisture in the air is a problem, having too much moisture results in a sticky or muggy feeling that can also cause problems. The most common problem is the development of mold. Mold is found in damp areas like the bathrooms but also grows on walls and under kitchen sink cabinets.
Mold is a very common household problem. Unfortunately, the spores also can cause serious breathing difficulties for anyone with respiratory conditions like allergies and asthma. To control mold in your house, it's necessary to remove some of the moisture in the air. This is where a dehumidifier can really come in handy.
To remove mold that's already growing, a simple chlorine bleach solution is great on colorfast materials. Simply use a spray bottle and dilute common laundry chlorine bleach to a 1 to 5% solution and you're ready to go. Ceramic tile grout seems to be an almost perfect place for more could grow. You can tell there's mold, if you're grout lines are starting to turn black. That black is normally mold. Simply use a spray bottle with the chlorine bleach solution and sprayed directly on the ceramic tile and grout line's. You may need to use a stiff bristle brush to remove the mold. If you have colored grout, be sure to check in a small inconspicuous area to make certain the bleach solution won't discolor you're grout. The same chlorine bleach solution can be used under the kitchen cabinets, on walls and almost anywhere mold grows.
By removing mold, wherever it grows in controlling the quality of the air in your home, you are well on your way to helping your family control causes of allergy and asthma attack events. Visit the site below and pick up a free report on eliminating allergy and asthma attack triggers in your home.
About the Author: Abigail Franks has done extensive research into Asthma,Allergies, and their triggers. Visit the Asthma site for more information on Asthma Triggers and Allergies and Asthma