Why Use an Aromatherapy Diffuser?
An apparatus used to scatter the scent of different oils and substances into the air is an aromatherapy diffuser. You get the benefit of the essential oils as a result simply by breathing in the air.
Diffusers come in various types, from purse size to a spa diffuser. Dispersing the essential oil into the room or space desired in the only purpose of diffusers no matter what type. Specialty stores and sometimes in department stores is where you can find aromatherapy diffusers.
In order to use a homemade diffuser there are many ways to make use of what you already have in your house in case you arenít sure if you should yet invest in a store bought diffuser. The following are a few tips to try:
1. A dispenser can be made from a deep glass bowl that isnít larger than your face dimension. Fill it only half way with boiled water. Add about ten drops of essential oil into the water. The heat will cause the oil to evaporate and dispense the oil essence into the desired room you place it in.
2. Diffusers can also be made from candles. Candles that already come in a jar are a good idea. Let the candle burn for half an hour or at least until the wax is melted in the jar, then add the desired essential oil. You will get the same effect you would get with the boiling water method. The oil will be dispersed in the air from the heat. You must remember to use the essential oil with great caution since it is flammable.
Types of Aromatherapy Diffusers Available
1. Terracotta rings that go around the bulb are lamp rings. These have a grooved lip that goes all the way around. You pour the essential oils into the rings and the bulb will heat and disperse the scent into the air and fill the desired room.
2. Fan diffusers disperse the essential oil into the desired room through the use of a fan. Placing the oil on a disposable absorbent pad and then placing it into the unit and starting the fan achieves the desired results. There are a variety of sizes to choose from with fan diffusers.
3. A very small fan is used along with an electric heat diffuser to gently disperse essential oil into the desired room.
4. A great apparatus is a nebulizer which breaks the essential oil into separate molecules before dispersing them around the room. This makes the absorption of the essence both better and quicker. It is said that this method has a higher therapeutic value.
To de-stress and enjoy your time at home or in the office an aromatherapy diffuser is a great and inexpensive device.
About the Author: Lance Winslow in an Aromatherapy and Essential Oils expert; and writes on aromatherapy, aromatherapy diffuser and aromatherapy herbs.