Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
8 Steps To Prevent Back Pain
Lower back pain is often caused by straining of ligaments, tendons or muscles in your lower back. This is often consequence of lifting a heavy object or some other heavy activity that your body is probably not used to.
In this article we will try to give you some advice how to prevent injuring your back. Do not let yourself become one of the millions who suffer form this.
1. Be careful when lifting heavy objects this should be #1 on your lower back pain prevention list. Do not bend over an object when you try to lift it, instead bend your knees and try to lift with your legs instead of your back.
Legs are one of the strongest muscles in human body and will have much easier job doing it. Keep your back straight and hold the object as close to you as you can, do not twist while lifting. Twisting is the #1 cause of slipped disks.
2. Push instead of pulling pushing is much less stressful to your body then pulling is.
3. Avoid standing flat footed many routine household activities can cause back straining and lower back pain. Place one foot on something higher like small chair, a stool or a box while doing jobs around the house like ironing or washing dishes.
Move your entire body, use your legs instead your arms and push rather then pull during vacuuming.
4. Exercise - sedentary lifestyle is a large contribution to the lower back problems. Regular exercise is going to be a major benefit to your back.
Try to do a 1 -3 sets of stretching exercise to improve your flexibility as well as strengthening the muscles supporting the lower back.
Abdominal muscles are one of the most important muscles that support your lower back. Try to include exercises like bridges and sit ups (be careful not to push your neck, keep your hands crossed on your chest) in your routine.
5. Lose weight - obesity is a very often the cause behind the back pain. Do aerobic exercise, go jogging, swimming, riding a bike or walking, do just about anything else other then sitting in front of a TV.
Just be sure to warm up with stretching before starting any exercise.
6. Eat healthy diet combined with exercise a healthy diet is essential in weight management. Make sure to include plenty of foods containing vitamin D and calcium in your diet because these nutrients are responsible for strong and healthy bones. They also help in osteoporosis prevention.
7. Do not sit for to long if you have sedentary job get up and move around for about 5 minutes every hour or so. And in case you are a professional driver make sure to stop regularly, get out of the vehicle and move around.
By stretching your muscles you will improve blood flow in your lower back and that will prevent back pain as well as have the additional benefit of keeping you vigilant during the rest of the drive.
8. Change the sleeping position two best sleeping positions for back pain prevention are to either lie on your back (place a pillow under your knees) or to lie on side with legs bent.
Firm mattress is much better then softer ones, to harden mattress put a piece of wood between the box spring and your mattress.
About the Author: Visit www.Free-Health-Info.net and get free step by step tutorial how to cure and prevent your Lower Back Pain.