Do you think you know the important facts about macular degeneration? Take the following QUIZ and check your score!
1. Taking half the dosage of VisiVite or other high dose macular degeneration supplements per day has some benefit, but not as much as taking the full dose. TRUE OR FALSE
2. Centrum Silver has many more vitamins in it than VisiVite or other high dose macular degeneration supplements and so is probably more effective against eye disease. TRUE OR FALSE.
3. The benefits of taking VisiVite or other high dose macular degeneration supplements are usually seen by one month. TRUE OR FALSE.
4. Only the “wet” form of macular degeneration can cause severe vision loss. TRUE OR FALSE.
5. The carotenoids Lutein and Zeaxanthin were not included in the National Eye Institute’s Age Related Eye Disease Study because they were not shown to be beneficial. TRUE OR FALSE.
6. The high doses of beta-carotene in VisiVite or other high dose macular degeneration supplements can cause osteoporosis and has been linked to increased frequency of hip fractures in women. TRUE OR FALSE.
7. While the high level of Vitamin E in VisiVite or other high dose macular degeneration supplements was found to be beneficial to ocular health, it was also shown to increase cardiac events and reduce lifespan. TRUE OR FALSE.
8. There is no successful treatment for wet macular degeneration. TRUE OR FALSE
Being diagnosed with macular degeneration can be frightening. Often occurring at the stage of life in which you have lesser mobility and hearing sensitivity, vision becomes a critical connection to the world around you.
However, many cases of macular degeneration are mild, and with proper nutritional support and exciting new treatments, vision is often preserved. In some cases, vision may actually improve!
For the answers to this quiz, visit:
If you have macular degeneration, stay up to date with the latest news, research and scientific developments. If you don't already receive it, sign up for our email newsletter at www.visivite.com. And read copies of our previous newsletters at www.visivite.com/newsletters.html.
VisiVite macular degeneration supplements are preferred by retina and eye specialists. If you need specific advice about your own macular degeneration, you may email us at help @ visivite.com. Include the following information:
1. Your age
2. Have you lost vision from macular degeneration in either eye?
3. Which eyes have dry macular degeneration? Which eyes have wet macular degeneration?
4. Have you smoked habitually within the past 20 years?
5. Do you currently take Coumadin?
About the Author: Copyright 2006, VisiVite.Com
Vitamin Science manufactures VisiVite nutritional supplements for macular degeneration, such as VisiVite i-Defense Gold Formula (http://www.visivite.com/premier-eye-vitamin.html) .