7 Surprising Acne Solutions to Try at Home
If your appearance is being marred by ugly pimples popping out all over your face, then you are highly motivated to get help and to get it now!
Happily, there are a number of acne remedies that are natural that you can use at home.
Here is a partial list of simple acne solutions that you might want to try:
1. Wash your face at least two times every day with a gentle pure soap and clean water. Keeping your face scrupulously clean is essential to any other acne treatment you might want to try.
2. Have you considered using essential oils as weapons in your arsenal of acne remedies? It has been found that they can be effective. They may relieve acne that isn't too serious. Be sure to read the directions on the bottle of any oils you may select because some of the oils have already been diluted and some are full strength -- and so are very strong.
But before these oils are listed, please pay attention to this warning -- do not use them if you are pregnant!
You might be surprised to learn that tea treat oil has been found to effectively fight bacteria. So it can also fight acne. It has also been used to clean wounds as well as other skin irritations and fungus infections. Bergamot and clove oils have also been used to fight acne, but they shouldn't be used full strength. You might also want to try lavender oil which may prevent breakouts. It too should not be used full strength. If you have extremely oily skin, you might want to try rosewood oil. It has a reputation for reducing the amount of sebum produced by the glands. It may need to be diluted too.
3. You might want to soak cotton balls in warm salt water and apply to your pimples at night.
4. You might want to try wiping vinegar on your skin before you go to bed. It's a powerful antibacterial agent.
5. Some people have found success in treating acne by applying honey to the pimples for a few minutes. Then rinse your face and apply toothpaste overnight to the breakouts.
6. Some have had great success with applying egg white to their pimples and leaving it overnight.
7. You could make your own facial mask by using various ingredients -- such as oatmeal in a paste form.
You've probably guessed that these remedies have not been approved by the FDA since they are only natural treatments, so they should be used with care.
If your battle with acne is getting out of hand, the best thing you can do is see your doctor to find out what he or she recommends. The important thing is not to give up, but keep searching for the right remedy for you because the results will be well worth it.
About the Author: Win your war with pimples with acne product tips. Author Patricia Wagner writes about a variety of health and wellness issues to help you be healthier.