Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Hemorrhoids Surgery Methods
There are several hemorrhoids surgery methods to remove or reduce the size of hemorrhoids:
1. Hemorrhoidectomy - From time to time, extensive or severe internal or external hemorrhoids require removal by hemorrhoids surgery known as hemorrhoidectomy. This is the best method for permanent removal of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoidectomy is the treatment for severe third-degree and fourth-degree hemorrhoids. The procedure is performed using either a scalpel or laser.
2. Rubber band ligation - A rubber band is placed around the base of the hemorrhoid inside the rectum. The band cuts off circulation, and the hemorrhoid dries away within a several days.
3. Laser or electro-coagulation techniques - Both techniques use special devices to burn hemorrhoidal tissue.
4. Sclerotherapy is one of the oldest forms of treatment. A chemical solution is injected directly into the hemorrhoid or the area around it. This solution causes a local reaction that interferes with blood flow inside the hemorrhoid, making the hemorrhoid shrink.
5. Burning the hemorrhoidal tissue with an infrared device is known as infrared coagulation.
6. Pph or procedure for prolapse and hemorrhoids reduces the prolapse of hemorrhoidal tissue by excising a band of the prolapsed anal mucosa membrane with the use of a circular stapling device. The prolapse tissue is pulled into a device that allows the excess tissue to be removed while the remaining hemorrhoidal tissue is stapled.
7. During Ferguson technique, a retractor is used to expose the hemorrhoidal tissue which is removed surgically. The remaining tissue is then either sealed or sutured through the coagulation effects of the surgical device.
8. Cryotherapy employs cold temperatures to remove the veins. It is more time consuming, associated with more post treatment pain, and is less effective than other treatments. For this reason, this procedure is not often used.
About the Author: Alex Fir shares a wealth of information on his website about hemorrhoids treatment. To read about hemorrhoids symptoms visit his site now.