Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Nutritionally Supports To Liver's Ability
Milk Thistle is an herbaceous plant. Milk Thistle is plants of the genus Silybum, flowering plants of the daisy family (Asteraceae). They are inhabitant to the Mediterranean regions of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. Milk Thistle has been used in some cultures to treat assured medical problems, In the late 19th and early 20th centuries physicians in the United States used Milk Thistle seeds to relieve blockage of the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
In Milk Thistle (mostly silymarin) is active ingredient, or liver-protecting substance Research has confirmed mechanisms of action and therapeutic value of silymarin in a broad range of human liver disease, including toxic metabolic liver damage (such as fatty degeneration of the liver) and supportive treatment of chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis. Silymarin, derived from the seeds of the plant (and most specifically, its main component, silybin) has shown both defensive and soothing effects in liver disease. This substance, which actually consists of a group of compounds called flavonolignands, helps renovate liver cells damaged by alcohol and other toxic substances.
Silymarin protect the liver from damage caused by viruses, toxins, alcohol, and certain drugs such as acetaminophen (a common over the counter medication used for headaches and pain; acetaminophen, also called paracetamol, can cause liver damage if taken in large quantities or by people who drink alcohol regularly.) Milk Thistle has been proven to protect the liver from damage. The energetic chemical component in Milk Thistle is silybin, which functions as an antioxidant and is one of the most effective liver protective agents known.
Milk Thistle Benefits:
Milk Thistle Precautions:
- Milk thistle protects the liver from the damage that can result from prolonged use of drugs.
- Milk thistle may slow the advancement of cirrhosis.
- Milk thistle nutritionally supports the liver's ability to maintain normal liver function.
- Milk thistle estrogen-like effect may also have some usefulness for men with prostate cancer.
- Milk thistle protects the Liver from damage due to toxins or disease, and can actually boost regeneration of Liver tissue where there has been damage.
- Milk thistle is in fact an herb, as many supplements are originally, and it acts as an antioxidant parallel in effect to Vitamin E but a lot more powerful.
- Milk thistle has also been taken to increase breast-milk production, motivate the secretion of bile, and as a treatment for depression.
The use of herbs is a habitual approach to strengthening the body and treating disease.
Herbs should be taken with care, under the direction of a practitioner familiar n the field of botanical medicine. Milk thistle should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Take one capsule three times daily with water at mealtimes.
For More Health Articles Visit: http://www.getnutri.com/articles/default.asp
About the Author: grahamz