Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Taurine is fundamental amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks of
proteins. Taurine is a life-supporting compound. Taurine is found in high
amounts in human tissue, especially in muscle, liver, lungs, brain and bile.
Taurine is also available from animal tissues. Taurine are found in the heart
muscle, skeletal muscles, brain and eyes of mammals.
Taurine compound include bile acid conjugation, detoxification, membrane
stabilization, osmoregulation, and modulation of cellular calcium levels.
Taurine has been used with changeable degrees of success in the treatment of a
wide variety of conditions, including: cardiovascular diseases,
hypercholesterolemia, epilepsy and other seizure disorders, macular
degeneration, Alzheimer''s disease, hepatic disorders, alcoholism, and cystic
Taurine is an essential amino acid for the cat. Taurine deficiency in cats can
result in a variety of clinical abnormalities, including central retinal
degeneration, dilated cardiomyopathy and platelet function abnormalities. The
invention that dietary taurine deficiency leads to retinal degeneration in cats,
it was observed that infants who were fed formulas lacking taurine had lower
plasma levels of this amino acid than did infants fed human milk. Further, it
was exposed that children receiving total parenteral nutrition not containing
taurine had abnormal electroretinograms, as well as low plasma taurine levels.
The role of Taurine in the body is complex. Taurine is one of the mainly
familiar neurotransmitters in the body, its effects on the brain are not well
understood. With glycine and gamma-aminobutyric acid,
Taurine functions as a
neuroinhibitory transmitter, and has been used as a mild sedative in treating
epileptic patients with dosages of around 500mg three times a day. It also
appears to have some effect in muscle tissue; low levels of magnesium and
taurine have been found in heart attack patients and high doses (5g) of taurine
are being used in experimental heart therapies.
- Taurine protect heart muscles.
- Taurine improve IQ level in children.
- Taurine is used to help absorb fats and fat-soluble
- Taurine in protecting against congestive heart failure.
- Taurine can be a beneficial dietary supplement, who
suffers from bipolar disorder.
- Taurine acts as a metabolic transmitter.
- Taurine might be helpful in some with cystic fibrosis.
- Taurine is an antioxidant and helps reinforce the immune
- Taurine helps to guard against diabetes.
- Taurine maintain cell membrane stability, and prevent
brain cell over-activity.
- Taurine might improve glucose tolerance and protect
against some toxins.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid taurine
supplements unless recommended by their physicians.
- Congestive heart failure should only use taurine under
- Taurine should not be used in animals with known
hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
1 tablet daily, or as recommended by your health care professional.
For more Health Articles kindly visit our website:
About the Author: Taurine