Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
The Beauty of Landscaping
In architecture, landscaping refers to the science and art of modifying land areas by organizing natural, cultivated, or constructed elements according to a comprehensive, aesthetic plan.
This landscaping involves the elements of topographical features like hills, valleys, rivers, and ponds or growing things like trees, shrubs, grass, and flowers as well as constructions like buildings, terraces, and fountains.
Today, landscaping is quite popular for homeowners who would want to improve their homes. The goal should be the house and the landscaping must complement with each other.
A GUIDE TO D-I-Y LANDSCAPING
Any house with landscape should complement each other. In order to achieve this harmony, you really need to consider and reconsider your options and the extent of landscaping you would want to have.
There are actually so many aspects in do-it-yourself landscaping like budget, skills, the climate of your region or place, personal design tastes, and the available resources. If you really want to beautify your home through landscaping, here are some do-it-yourself landscaping tips that can help you get by.
1. Make sure that you provide your landscaping with a year-round theme. The surefire tip in landscaping is to provide it something related to four seasons so youíll never be outdated. A combination of a plant-selection with flowering trees or shrubs throughout, and fall foliage would do.
2. Try to layer the gardenís flower beds when planting. By layering the planting beds in rows of three that include a back row filled with tall plants, a middle row planted with the next tallest plants, and a front row containing the shortest plants. The repetition of each flower bedding will give your garden a unified look.
3. Consider the use pf evergreens for continuity. When it comes to DIY landscaping usually focuses more on trees and shrubs but this doesnít mean that you cannot include evergreens because this will give the space more structure and the view of variety and continuity.
4. Experiment on using annuals to supplement perennial hues and colors. Perennial flowers are ideal for flower beds because they last for a long period of time. But since they bloom only in a specific period, it is best if you try incorporating annual plants with perennial ones so you can fill up the colorless spots in the flower beds when perennial flowers are not yet in bloom.
If you are quite particular about color coordination of the two kinds of blooms, try using a picture gallery so youíll get ideas what is the right color scheme for your garden.
5. Donít forget to assimilate hardscape into your initial and final landscape design. Aside from paying much attention to plants when landscaping, donít forget to include hardscape features such as fences and other garden decorations.
If you want to be more specific, try including patios and decks to your garden because these will provide great transition from your indoors to your outdoors.
6. Donít be daunted in installing water features. One of the best focal points of any excellent landscape designs is the water feature. Aside from being one of the hottest trends in landscaping today, installing a water feature will not only make your garden more visually appealing but it can only create soothing sounds great for relaxation. The most basic water feature you can install is ponds.
When you think youíre ready to do something bigger and better, consider conceptualizing a simple waterfall through the use of cheap fountains, flexible tubing, pre-formed rigid plastic liners, and durable pumps.
7. Always keep foliages and drought-tolerant plants in mind. When thinking of landscaping your house or garden, never forget to include the characteristics of a plantís foliage. The varying foliage textures and colors are needed to help you liven up your yard while the presence of drought-tolerant plants so your garden will have a staple decoration.
8. Lastly, make sure that you can maintain your yard without so much hassle. Sure, you can do landscaping in your yard based on your taste and aesthetic sense, but never forget to keep it low-maintenance so you can enjoy the beauty of your work even if you donít spend much time and money keeping it.
About the Author: Bob is the owner of http://landscaping.knowsmart.com/. Check it out for a great landscaping idea.